When it comes to notions of “work“, we must differentiate the difference between Ergon and Arbeit.
The notion Arbeit is closest to hateful work or toil. It is closely related to the notion of slaves.
Compare this to the notion of Ergon in Greek. Ergon best describes activity or doing.
Why American English is no good
What is the word that Americans like to use the most? Work. In modern day society, work is our new Godhead. Work and toil is considered the supreme virtue. In other words, the highest value is self slavery.
In America, if you’re not always actively working, you’re actively sinning.
The differentiation between how you make your money, and what your passion is.
Do not work for the sake of work. Rather, best to focus on your creative work. As long as you make enough money from your job to pay for rent and meat, you’re good.
Re-discover your inner-child like PICASSO:
- EXTREME PRIDE.
- How to Conquer Creative Stagnation
- CREATIVE UPCYCLING
- Fewer Choices, More Creativity
- CREATIVE DARING
- CREATIVITY over PRODUCTIVITY
- HOW TO BECOME A MORE CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHER
- The Simplest Creative Workflow
- The Artistic Impulse
- The Photographer as Painter
- Home Photography Assignments
- Creative Optionality
- All Photos are Creative Photos
- In Photography Even the Smallest Thing Can be a Leitmotif
- 5 Creative Photography Motivation Ideas
- Creative Cross-Pollination
- In Praise of Creative Repetition
- The Joy of Glitching Your Photos
- How to Master Creativity
- Creative Work and Physiology
- Enough is Never Enough.
- Become More Uninhibited
- Utilitarianism is the Enemy of Creativity
- CONQUER CREATIVITY
- ERIC KIM Thoughts on Creativity
- What Do You *Really* Want in Life?
- Creative Iteration
- In Photography, Even the Smallest Thing Can Be a Leitmotif
- The Art of Creativity
- Why Constrain Yourself in Only Color or Black and White?
- In Praise of Collaging Your Photos
- The Purpose is to Create
- Photographing With No Filter in Small JPEG
- The Impetus to Create
- On Focusing on Your Own Self Development
- WHY COME UP WITH NEW IDEAS?
- Visual Stochastic Resonance
- Future Creativity
- Eternal Re-Creation
- How I Come Up With My Ideas (Ideation 101)
- How to Be Creative During Quarantine
- Constraints are Creative
- HOW TO BE MORE CREATIVE DURING COVID
- It is All Connected.
- What is Interesting to You is Very Likely to Be Interesting to Others
- Happiness as a Means to Creative Productivity
- How I Remix My Photos in iPad and ProCreate
- Creative Productivity
- In Praise of Repetition
- The Eternal Creative Loop
- The Goal is Spontaneous Creative Activity
- Ignore Your Haters.
- You’re on a Winning Streak
- Ultralight Photography
- How to see.
- CREATORS SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.
- How to Ignore Your Inner-Critic
- How to Unlock Your Inner-Genius
- Success is Your Only Option
- How to Make Your Photos More Artistic
- Creative Lessons Rick Rubin Can Teach You About Photography
- Why I Love Shooting With an LCD Screen
- How to Shoot Abstract Photography
- How to Be More Spontaneous in Your Photography and Life
- How to Re-Invent Yourself in Photography
- How to Photograph Like a Child
- How to Be a More Imaginative Photographer
- Never Rust
- Limit Your Palette
- Follow Your Intuition
- Have Creative Confidence in Yourself
- How To Find Your Unique Voice in Photography
- Beginner’s Mind
- There is No Wrong Way to Shoot Street Photography
- You Can’t Control the Results, Only Effort
- On Capturing Beauty in the Mundane
- On Searching For the Maximum
- The Beauty of “Creative Constraints”
- How to Stay Curious
- Enjoy the Process
Learn more: Photography >