In today’s world there seems to be this mania towards ‘productivity’. And what is ‘productivity’ according to modern thoughts?
To always be doing something, in order to become more virtuous (like a machine, in the spirit of ‘Taylorism’), in order to produce and create more in order to make more money.
Thus the modern goal of productivity is money-making.
But what happens once you become a crypto billionaire, and money is no longer a concern to you? Then it seems more of a focus on our artistic endeavors, our creative endeavors, our health, and the desire and hunger to explore more, become more, and to become stronger, wiser, and more bold.
To me, to become more creative (both in terms of novelty in creative thinking and output, as well as propensity to create a lot) is the goal. Why? Every child is a creator. Even think of the Heraclitus quote of reality being children playing in the sand, creating sand castles, to only have it washed away with the ocean.
Even when grown men are obsessed with building skyscrapers, new building developments etc … what is their impetus? The same impetus as a child to create their own Lego-esque utopias of their own imagination and creative daring.
Re-discover your inner-child like PICASSO:
- HOW TO BECOME A MORE CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHER
- The Simplest Creative Workflow
- The Artistic Impulse
- The Photographer as Painter
- Home Photography Assignments
- Creative Optionality
- All Photos are Creative Photos
- In Photography Even the Smallest Thing Can be a Leitmotif
- 5 Creative Photography Motivation Ideas
- Creative Cross-Pollination
- In Praise of Creative Repetition
- The Joy of Glitching Your Photos
- How to Master Creativity
- Creative Work and Physiology
- Enough is Never Enough.
- Become More Uninhibited
- Utilitarianism is the Enemy of Creativity
- CONQUER CREATIVITY
- ERIC KIM Thoughts on Creativity
- What Do You *Really* Want in Life?
- Creative Iteration
- In Photography, Even the Smallest Thing Can Be a Leitmotif
- The Art of Creativity
- Why Constrain Yourself in Only Color or Black and White?
- In Praise of Collaging Your Photos
- The Purpose is to Create
- Photographing With No Filter in Small JPEG
- The Impetus to Create
- On Focusing on Your Own Self Development
- WHY COME UP WITH NEW IDEAS?
- Visual Stochastic Resonance
- Future Creativity
- Eternal Re-Creation
- How I Come Up With My Ideas (Ideation 101)
- How to Be Creative During Quarantine
- Constraints are Creative
- HOW TO BE MORE CREATIVE DURING COVID
- It is All Connected.
- What is Interesting to You is Very Likely to Be Interesting to Others
- Happiness as a Means to Creative Productivity
- How I Remix My Photos in iPad and ProCreate
- Creative Productivity
- In Praise of Repetition
- The Eternal Creative Loop
- The Goal is Spontaneous Creative Activity
- Ignore Your Haters.
- You’re on a Winning Streak
- Ultralight Photography
- How to see.
- CREATORS SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.
- How to Ignore Your Inner-Critic
- How to Unlock Your Inner-Genius
- Success is Your Only Option
- How to Make Your Photos More Artistic
- Creative Lessons Rick Rubin Can Teach You About Photography
- Why I Love Shooting With an LCD Screen
- How to Shoot Abstract Photography
- How to Be More Spontaneous in Your Photography and Life
- How to Re-Invent Yourself in Photography
- How to Photograph Like a Child
- How to Be a More Imaginative Photographer
- Never Rust
- Limit Your Palette
- Follow Your Intuition
- Have Creative Confidence in Yourself
- How To Find Your Unique Voice in Photography
- Beginner’s Mind
- There is No Wrong Way to Shoot Street Photography
- You Can’t Control the Results, Only Effort
- On Capturing Beauty in the Mundane
- On Searching For the Maximum
- The Beauty of “Creative Constraints”
- How to Stay Curious
- Enjoy the Process
Learn more: Photography >