We are all creative, yet it seems the *fear* is to be creative. How do we conquer this fear to create, and to perhaps … conquer creativity itself?
Don’t talk down on yourself
The first thing:
Affirm to yourself that you’re a creative.
Creative … someone who likes to create. You were born creative (loving to create stuff), but at a certain point as an adult … someone beat that passion of creating out of you. So it ain’t your fault; let us blame society.
Almost everything is creative
To create … it ain’t about ‘good’ creations or ‘bad’ creations. It is more the fun, delight and the joy of creating.
You can create with your phone, iPad, camera, laptop, with paint, paper, your voice … whatever!
Creativity doesn’t need a purpose
Utilitarianism is the worst enemy of creativity. Why? Technically … if you create a painting or art piece, it doesn’t serve any ‘practical’ or give you any positive utility. It is *beyond* explaining … the sublime joy of artwork is divorced from money-making and the latter.
Re-discover your inner-child like PICASSO:
- ERIC KIM Thoughts on Creativity
- What Do You *Really* Want in Life?
- Creative Iteration
- In Photography, Even the Smallest Thing Can Be a Leitmotif
- The Art of Creativity
- Why Constrain Yourself in Only Color or Black and White?
- In Praise of Collaging Your Photos
- The Purpose is to Create
- Photographing With No Filter in Small JPEG
- The Impetus to Create
- On Focusing on Your Own Self Development
- WHY COME UP WITH NEW IDEAS?
- Visual Stochastic Resonance
- Future Creativity
- Eternal Re-Creation
- How I Come Up With My Ideas (Ideation 101)
- How to Be Creative During Quarantine
- Constraints are Creative
- HOW TO BE MORE CREATIVE DURING COVID
- It is All Connected.
- What is Interesting to You is Very Likely to Be Interesting to Others
- Happiness as a Means to Creative Productivity
- How I Remix My Photos in iPad and ProCreate
- Creative Productivity
- In Praise of Repetition
- The Eternal Creative Loop
- The Goal is Spontaneous Creative Activity
- Ignore Your Haters.
- You’re on a Winning Streak
- Ultralight Photography
- How to see.
- CREATORS SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.
- How to Ignore Your Inner-Critic
- How to Unlock Your Inner-Genius
- Success is Your Only Option
- How to Make Your Photos More Artistic
- Creative Lessons Rick Rubin Can Teach You About Photography
- Why I Love Shooting With an LCD Screen
- How to Shoot Abstract Photography
- How to Be More Spontaneous in Your Photography and Life
- How to Re-Invent Yourself in Photography
- How to Photograph Like a Child
- How to Be a More Imaginative Photographer
- Never Rust
- Limit Your Palette
- Follow Your Intuition
- Have Creative Confidence in Yourself
- How To Find Your Unique Voice in Photography
- Beginner’s Mind
- There is No Wrong Way to Shoot Street Photography
- You Can’t Control the Results, Only Effort
- On Capturing Beauty in the Mundane
- On Searching For the Maximum
- The Beauty of “Creative Constraints”
- How to Stay Curious
- Enjoy the Process
Learn more: Photography >