A thought while at the local Chinese grocery market:
Why do we feel like we must stay “consistent” artistically?
For example in photography, why this pressure to stick to only color or only black and white?
Style is mostly a marketing thing
This is what I’ve figured out:
To stick to only black and white or color is mostly a consistency-marketing thing.
For example, if you desire to make a distinct style, sticking with one medium (either monochrome or color) is wise. But if your goal is just to have fun and stay inspired to keep shooting, to constrain yourself in only monochrome or color is bad.
The Art of Creativity
Re-discover your inner-child like PICASSO:
- In Praise of Collaging Your Photos
- The Purpose is to Create
- Photographing With No Filter in Small JPEG
- The Impetus to Create
- On Focusing on Your Own Self Development
- WHY COME UP WITH NEW IDEAS?
- Visual Stochastic Resonance
- Future Creativity
- Eternal Re-Creation
- How I Come Up With My Ideas (Ideation 101)
- How to Be Creative During Quarantine
- Constraints are Creative
- HOW TO BE MORE CREATIVE DURING COVID
- It is All Connected.
- What is Interesting to You is Very Likely to Be Interesting to Others
- Happiness as a Means to Creative Productivity
- How I Remix My Photos in iPad and ProCreate
- Creative Productivity
- In Praise of Repetition
- The Eternal Creative Loop
- The Goal is Spontaneous Creative Activity
- Ignore Your Haters.
- You’re on a Winning Streak
- Ultralight Photography
- How to see.
- CREATORS SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.
- How to Ignore Your Inner-Critic
- How to Unlock Your Inner-Genius
- Success is Your Only Option
- How to Make Your Photos More Artistic
- Creative Lessons Rick Rubin Can Teach You About Photography
- Why I Love Shooting With an LCD Screen
- How to Shoot Abstract Photography
- How to Be More Spontaneous in Your Photography and Life
- How to Re-Invent Yourself in Photography
- How to Photograph Like a Child
- How to Be a More Imaginative Photographer
- Never Rust
- Limit Your Palette
- Follow Your Intuition
- Have Creative Confidence in Yourself
- How To Find Your Unique Voice in Photography
- Beginner’s Mind
- There is No Wrong Way to Shoot Street Photography
- You Can’t Control the Results, Only Effort
- On Capturing Beauty in the Mundane
- On Searching For the Maximum
- The Beauty of “Creative Constraints”
- How to Stay Curious
- Enjoy the Process
Learn more: Photography >