Something I’ve been thinking a lot about:
Truth be told, waste is just bad to me in terms of an aesthetic rather than environmental thing. I think the earth is powerful enough to withstand waste, but still — every time I have an unnecessary can or unnecessary packaging for things, it feels dumb, and aesthetically wasteful/ugly.
Also whenever I fill up the gas in the car I am driving, it feels dumb and silly. It is 2021 … and we are still putting fossil fuels into our cars, in an age where we recharge our smartphones on the daily? Imagine having an iPhone which ran on a gasoline generator.
What is zero digital photography?
Well, for me —
Digital photography is very appealing and pleasing to me in terms of an aesthetic and environmental perspective.
Film photography is great, but is hugely expensive, cumbersome, and wasteful (in terms of the film, film packaging, chemicals, and the trash in the packaging of the film). And truth be told, I think the main appeal of film photography (besides the aesthetics) is this strange notion that anything old-school, from the past is superior, for the sake of it (romantic notions of photography).
So the main appeal of digital photography:
Digital photography is hugely under-estimated and appreciated
A huge thing on my mind:
Digital photography (and digital publishing, like blogging, publishing PDF e-books, etc) is huuuuugely under-appreciated, and under-exploited.
Towards zero waste
Then perhaps from an aesthetic perspective, let us pursue zero in our photography.
Discover more personal meaning in your photographic life with PHOTOLOSOPHY >
- On Becoming an Arts Photographer
- Photos and Pictures
- Photographic Productivity > Happiness
- PHOTO WISDOM.
- The Philosophy of Photography and Life Experiences
- The Significant Moment
- Reflexive Photography
- Photograph Your Own History
- Why Share Your Photos?
- Photographic Memento Vivere
- Photography Art and Ethics
- Via Negativa Photography
- Psychology of the Photographer
- Optimize Your Life for Photography
- PHOTOGRAPHY IS A PRIVILEGE.
- How to Become a Great Photographer
- What is the Point of Photography?
- Past, Present, and Future Photos
- Why Share Your Photos?
- On Becoming Less Critical of Your Photos and Yourself as a Photographer
- Camera is God
- Photography Philosophy
- Photography for Mental and Physiological Health
- Photography and Health
- How You Can Become a Great Photographer
- Form and Substance
- ALL PHOTOS ARE ACCURATE, NONE ARE TRUTH.
- What Are You Trying to Message in Your Photography?
- Don’t Strive to Make Good Photos
- EVERY OPPORTUNITY IS A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY
- Photography as Your Personal Life Odyssey
- The Joyful Photography
- Photography 300 Years from Now
- All I wanna do is make photos and philosophize!
- First Get Happier, then Shoot Photos!
- No Artwork SHOULD Last Forever
- High Photography
- How to Photograph Your Everyday Life
- The Photograph is Not Sacred
- PHOTO MODE.
- The Visual Soundtrack of Your Life
- The Photographer is a Visual Explorer and Transformer
- Photography as the Ultimate Artistic Form of Self-Expression
- Don’t Seek to Please or Impress Others with Your Photos
- Shoot For Yourself
- Power Photography
- Creative Evolution
- The Artist-Photographer
- Photo Realism
- Perpetual Photography
- All Photography is Good Photography
- Optimal Simplicity
- True Happiness in Photography
- NOW IS THE TIME TO SHOOT! #photolosophy
- Photolosophy: With Physical Proximity comes Emotional Proximity
- Why Share Photos?
- Chaos Photography
- Soul Street Photography
- Now is the Time to Shoot!
- Photolosophy 101: Don’t Photograph Others the Way You Wouldn’t Want to Be Photographed
- Photolosophy 101: Life and Death in Photography
- Photolosophy 101: Street Photography and the Art of People
- Introduction to Photolosophy
- Photography Entrepreneurship Philosophy
- Photography Philosophy 101