Why share your photos?
- A photo un-shared doesn’t exist. Photos should create some sort of impact in the viewer. Photography as social.
- It brings great joy for us humans to share. ‘If you care, share’.
- But can one ‘over-share’? Yes. But my new thought– when in doubt, share more. Why? We are all voracious in appetite for images, videos, and ‘content’. Rather than having others binge Netflix, why not share your personal photos, your family photos instead?
Social media 4.0
I proposed Social Media 4.0 — in which you share voraciously mostly with family members and close friends. You can use Google Photos and make albums and share them with friends and family, or you can send photos directly via messenger services. For example I share most of my family photos via ‘Kakaotalk’ directly with my family members (the ‘What’s App’ for Koreans).
What is the best way to share your photos?
NOT on Instagram, NOT on Facebook … in which you are just sharing them into the ether.
Best to DIRECTLY send your photos, videos, and art works to people you care for, people who are meaningful to you, and have had an impact in your life.
In terms of sharing online, best to share them to your own website/blog.
As you share, you curate.
How do you know which of your photos is the ‘best’? I say:
When you discern which photos to share (or which *NOT* to share) you are actively editing your photos!
Discover more personal meaning in your photographic life with PHOTOLOSOPHY >
- Photographic Memento Vivere
- Photography Art and Ethics
- Via Negativa Photography
- Psychology of the Photographer
- Optimize Your Life for Photography
- PHOTOGRAPHY IS A PRIVILEGE.
- How to Become a Great Photographer
- What is the Point of Photography?
- Past, Present, and Future Photos
- Why Share Your Photos?
- On Becoming Less Critical of Your Photos and Yourself as a Photographer
- Camera is God
- Photography Philosophy
- Photography for Mental and Physiological Health
- Photography and Health
- How You Can Become a Great Photographer
- Form and Substance
- ALL PHOTOS ARE ACCURATE, NONE ARE TRUTH.
- What Are You Trying to Message in Your Photography?
- Don’t Strive to Make Good Photos
- EVERY OPPORTUNITY IS A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY
- Photography as Your Personal Life Odyssey
- The Joyful Photography
- Photography 300 Years from Now
- All I wanna do is make photos and philosophize!
- First Get Happier, then Shoot Photos!
- No Artwork SHOULD Last Forever
- High Photography
- How to Photograph Your Everyday Life
- The Photograph is Not Sacred
- PHOTO MODE.
- The Visual Soundtrack of Your Life
- The Photographer is a Visual Explorer and Transformer
- Photography as the Ultimate Artistic Form of Self-Expression
- Don’t Seek to Please or Impress Others with Your Photos
- Shoot For Yourself
- Power Photography
- Creative Evolution
- The Artist-Photographer
- Photo Realism
- Perpetual Photography
- All Photography is Good Photography
- Optimal Simplicity
- True Happiness in Photography
- NOW IS THE TIME TO SHOOT! #photolosophy
- Photolosophy: With Physical Proximity comes Emotional Proximity
- Why Share Photos?
- Chaos Photography
- Soul Street Photography
- Now is the Time to Shoot!
- Photolosophy 101: Don’t Photograph Others the Way You Wouldn’t Want to Be Photographed
- Photolosophy 101: Life and Death in Photography
- Photolosophy 101: Street Photography and the Art of People
- Introduction to Photolosophy
- Photography Entrepreneurship Philosophy
- Photography Philosophy 101