I like this notion of a ‘high culture’ (“haute culture” in French).
What if we could do the same in the realm of photography? To elevate the culture of photography to a higher height. To go BEYOND small and petty issues in photography. To think long-term in our photography and artwork, to focus on long-term thriving, and to use this knowledge to EMPOWER ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS on the globe, and far into the future!
1. No categories
Avoid the nerdy compulsion to categorize everything. Perhaps we shouldn’t categorize our photography. This means just shoot everything, with no discretion!
2. Owning your own website/blog/platform
To thrive long-term as a photographer, visual artist, and entrepreneur — it seems ESSENTIAL to own your own platform.
This means own your own website and domain (register on bluehost.com or 1and1.com) and install wordpress.org blogging and website framework.
3. Visual artist, not photographer
To be only a photographer seems too basic. Go BEYOND. You’re a visual artist, not just a photographer.
This means cross-pollinate all forms of your visual artwork, with no limits!
4. New ways of seeing the world
As photographers, we are almost visual cyborgs. With photography, we transform reality into interesting and different ways.
I am endlessly fascinated:
How can we see the world differently?
Elevate yourself, your photography, and the way you see, experience, and transform the world!
Discover more personal meaning in your photographic life with PHOTOLOSOPHY >
- How to Photograph Your Everyday Life
- The Photograph is Not Sacred
- PHOTO MODE.
- The Visual Soundtrack of Your Life
- The Photographer is a Visual Explorer and Transformer
- Photography as the Ultimate Artistic Form of Self-Expression
- Don’t Seek to Please or Impress Others with Your Photos
- Shoot For Yourself
- Power Photography
- Creative Evolution
- The Artist-Photographer
- Photo Realism
- Perpetual Photography
- All Photography is Good Photography
- Optimal Simplicity
- True Happiness in Photography
- NOW IS THE TIME TO SHOOT! #photolosophy
- Photolosophy: With Physical Proximity comes Emotional Proximity
- Why Share Photos?
- Chaos Photography
- Soul Street Photography
- Now is the Time to Shoot!
- Photolosophy 101: Don’t Photograph Others the Way You Wouldn’t Want to Be Photographed
- Photolosophy 101: Life and Death in Photography
- Photolosophy 101: Street Photography and the Art of People
- Introduction to Photolosophy
- Photography Entrepreneurship Philosophy
- Photography Philosophy 101