A thought when listening to some hip hop music and looking through my photos:
I strive to make a visual soundtrack.
My photos are a reflection of me. My photos are imbued with my soul.
The beauty of grit and grain
To me, it seems that gritty and dark photos are more beautiful. Why? Perhaps there is more beauty in life via the raw, the tragic, and the difficult. The beauty of tragedy.
Master your own aesthetics
It seems the goal of photography and art is this:
For you to master your own personal aesthetics– for you to continually develop your artistic vision, taste, and to create your own visual culture for yourself.
Never stop reviewing your old photos. Never stop collaging your photos, never stop thinking about photography, never stop thinking about art, and never stop thinking about elevating yourself to the next level as a photographer-artist.
Discover more personal meaning in your photographic life with my course: PHOTOLOSOPHY >
- The Photographer is a Visual Explorer and Transformer
- Photography as the Ultimate Artistic Form of Self-Expression
- Don’t Seek to Please or Impress Others with Your Photos
- Shoot For Yourself
- Power Photography
- Creative Evolution
- The Artist-Photographer
- Photo Realism
- Perpetual Photography
- All Photography is Good Photography
- Optimal Simplicity
- True Happiness in Photography
- NOW IS THE TIME TO SHOOT! #photolosophy
- Photolosophy: With Physical Proximity comes Emotional Proximity
- Why Share Photos?
- Chaos Photography
- Soul Street Photography
- Now is the Time to Shoot!
- Photolosophy 101: Don’t Photograph Others the Way You Wouldn’t Want to Be Photographed
- Photolosophy 101: Life and Death in Photography
- Photolosophy 101: Street Photography and the Art of People
- Introduction to Photolosophy
- Photography Entrepreneurship Philosophy
- Photography Philosophy 101