To extract more joy, wonder, and adventure and excitement in life, see every opportunity of your life and day as a photo opportunity!
No matter the situation, you will always have your camera ready, and always be shooting photos.
It is truly impossible to know when a good photo opportunity will arise. For example, above is my favorite photo in Havana, in a random shopping mall. A father and child both sleeping — reminding me of the Pieta.
Even if you live a more domestic life, you can still make great photos of everyday life:
Shoot more with RICOH, less with iPhone
I bought the iPhone Pro, then returned it. Why? Ultimately I decided that the RICOH GR III was at least 10x better than iPhone Pro for photography. The RICOH GR III isn’t much bigger than the iPhone Pro. yet the high-ISO capability, the resolution, aesthetics, and image quality is probably 10x better. Also, it is more ergonomic, faster, and has more beautiful JPEG’s for black and white (high contrast).
Every opportunity is a photo opportunity. It can be as “snapshotty” as you want, or as “artistic” as you want. To me, all material is good for photography. Generally, the best photos are the personal photos of yours; authentic to your vision and your real life.
And what is your job and task as a photographer?
Beauty every aspect of your life, regardless of how ordinary, simple, or mundane it is!
Keep on capturing the beauty in the mundane — our ethos as photographers!
Discover more personal meaning in your photographic life with PHOTOLOSOPHY >
- Photography as Your Personal Life Odyssey
- The Joyful Photography
- Photography 300 Years from Now
- All I wanna do is make photos and philosophize!
- First Get Happier, then Shoot Photos!
- No Artwork SHOULD Last Forever
- High Photography
- How to Photograph Your Everyday Life
- The Photograph is Not Sacred
- PHOTO MODE.
- The Visual Soundtrack of Your Life
- The Photographer is a Visual Explorer and Transformer
- Photography as the Ultimate Artistic Form of Self-Expression
- Don’t Seek to Please or Impress Others with Your Photos
- Shoot For Yourself
- Power Photography
- Creative Evolution
- The Artist-Photographer
- Photo Realism
- Perpetual Photography
- All Photography is Good Photography
- Optimal Simplicity
- True Happiness in Photography
- NOW IS THE TIME TO SHOOT! #photolosophy
- Photolosophy: With Physical Proximity comes Emotional Proximity
- Why Share Photos?
- Chaos Photography
- Soul Street Photography
- Now is the Time to Shoot!
- Photolosophy 101: Don’t Photograph Others the Way You Wouldn’t Want to Be Photographed
- Photolosophy 101: Life and Death in Photography
- Photolosophy 101: Street Photography and the Art of People
- Introduction to Photolosophy
- Photography Entrepreneurship Philosophy
- Photography Philosophy 101