For the Artist Photographer
Create, travel, be prepared for every photography adventure EVERYDAY.
Endless Possibilities: Convertible Bag
1. CROSS BODY MESSENGER: Use only the long strap to wear cross body on your shoulder for quick access.
2. SHORT STRAP: Use only the short strap to keep the bag close.
3. SECURE DOUBLE STRAP: Use both straps around your shoulder and cross body to keep your bag close and protect your bag from thieves while traveling.
4. HANDHELD PORTFOLIO: Remove both straps to be use as an on the go handheld portfolio or insert.
We researched, tested, and perfected the design for the ERIC KIM PORTFOLIO BAG for several years to bring together function and design.
- Durability: All of the components have been tried and tested: from the hand-stitched threading to the brass components and premium leather.
- Art: ERIC KIM PORTFOLIO BAG is beautiful, timeless, and over the years it will develop unique patina from your artistic adventures.
- Inspired: We designed the bag for the photographer artist who chooses elegant functional design.
- Minimalist design: Three pockets to store your small compact camera, iPad, phone, notepad, and pencil.
Aesthetics & Proportions
- Outside dimensions: Length: 11 inches, Height: 8 inches, Depth top: 1 inch, Depth bottom: 2 inches
- Designed bespoke for the iPad. Three compartments total to fit iPad,small compact camera, phone, notebook, pencils, film.
- Adjustable Long Strap: length minimum 27.5 inches, maximum 50 inches
- Short Strap: length 18 inches
ERIC KIM PORTFOLIO BAG [Prototype Photos]
Note that final bag will be slightly different than pictured.
HAPTICLABS is our experimental playground to develop small, limited edition projects and collaborations with local artists and artisans. ERIC KIM PORTFOLIO BAG will be handmade on demand and shipped out from California starting July 23, 2018. We make our leather products in Saigon and honor Saigon–we loved our time in Saigon; Cindy’s family has a close familial connection to Saigon; and we are deeply inspired by the lively hustle of young Vietnamese artists and entrepreneurs in a city textured by a profound history.
Unlike huge anonymous factories, the entire operation is Eric, Cindy, our sisters (Annette and Jennifer), and the local artisans Lan and Uyen. We are transparent about the labor practices behind ERIC KIM PORTFOLIO BAG because we are proud of it and love it.
We lived in Vietnam and are very cognizant of global inequality, especially in labor practices. This is why we price our products the way we do. We work directly with artisans who set above market prices for high end artisanal craftsmanship. We do not run a wholesale factory, but support honest and beautiful work.
We spent years perfecting the design, workshopping different versions with the Saigon artisans. Each ERIC KIM PORTFOLIO BAG is made with love and shipped with care from California.