Dear streettogs, I am very proud to announce the launch of HAPTIC MAGAZINE #1: Our Story [Free PDF Download]
WHY HAPTIC MAGAZINE?
Cindy had a creative idea:
Let’s reflect on where we’ve been with HAPTIC, our mission statement, and our dreams. It’s a new year and it’s time for a new ‘haptic‘ look…Let’s make a statement magazine to creatively express HAPTIC!
Thus, the birth of HAPTIC MAGAZINE #1: Our Story
DOWNLOAD FREE PDF:
Video Slideshow of Spreads:
Also as an additional bonus, Download Free InDesign Template – Haptic Magazine Issue 1> We hope this template can empower photographers and visual artists to make their own publications and zines.
HAPTIC TOOLS EDITION
This first issue shares the story of our HAPTIC TOOLS. Our mission is to equip you with the perfect straps, bags, and cases to empower you to create in your everyday life. Unifying fashion and function, each HAPTIC TOOL is designed to complement your bold personal style.
Cindy Nguyen, HAPTIC CEO
- EDITOR’S NOTE: Haptic Tools Edition: Fashion unified with function
- MISSION STATEMENT: Disrupting the photography industry through HAPTIC
- DESIGN PHILOSOPHY: The human element of touch and social impact
- WHO IS HAPTIC? The story of Cindy and Eric’s journey of creative collaboration
- HENRI COLLECTION: Classic. Street. Style.
- ERIC KIM COLLECTION: Form at the intersection of function
- GLOBAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP: HAPTIC innovation from Saigon to California to you
- VIDEO INTERVIEWS: New creative experiments and products in the HAPTIC exclusive shop
DISRUPT ART CREATION
- Cindy and Eric
- Family Operated
We believe in disrupting the production market for photography, art, and creative tools. We are driven by a spirit of playful experimentation, ‘kaizen’ iteration, and creative collaboration. Each of our creations is intentional from design philosophy to production.
JUST SHOOT IT
- When in doubt, click.
- Shoot a scene 25% more than you think you should.
- Take three steps closer.
- Enjoy the process.
HAPTIC means ‘Relating to the sense of touch and proprioception.’
HAPTIC honors the human element of touch and the all-encompassing experience of aesthetic beauty.
“I aspire to make beautiful HAPTIC TOOLS that move people to create art. I hope this cycle of creation uplifts the spirit of our humanity.”– Cindy Nguyen, CEO of HAPTIC
INSPIRED / Saigon – Kyoto – Los Angeles
We are inspired by the people and places we encounter around the world. Saigon invigorates us to“chịu khó.” Kyoto teaches us “wabi- sabi” aesthetics and philosophy. Los Angeles is our home and our heart.
- SAIGON SATCHEL, ‘furoshiki’ wrapped in Japanese cloth
WE ARE MADE OF THE PEOPLE AND PLACES WE MEET
CINDY & ERIC
Featuring: Eric Kim NECK STRAP with RICOH GR II
CREATIVE EXPERIMENTATION / ARTISTIC PLAY / TOOLS OF EMPOWERMENT: HAPTIC LABS
Eric: My dream through HAPTIC is to make the best tools to empower my fellow photographers and visual artists.
There is too much fragmentation with photography straps, bags, and cases. I strive to design the most simple and sublime equipment that helps us focus on what matters: making art.
HAPTIC is my personal obsession to empower you.
Cindy: My childhood dream was to create a box company. As a kid, I eagerly awaited the mailman’s deliveries. I would hold a package in my hands in awe. What mysteries did it hold? How far did it journey?
Through HAPTIC, I realize my dream by making handcrafted creative tools and shipping them around the world! Each package holds a story, and I am honored to share it with you through your purchase.
HENRI: CLASSIC – STREET – STYLE
- Handcrafted in small batches
- Artisanal leather
- Perfected design
- Wabi-sabi aesthetics
HENRI. THE CLASSIC, CONTEMPLATIVE ARTIST
The HENRI collection is designed for the classic street photographer –ready for every photographic moment. From urban streets to tranquil cafes, the HENRI accompanies you on all your photography adventures.
- HENRI NECK STRAP MARK III IN MAHOGANY BROWN
FEATURED: HENRI MARK III NECK STRAP
The newest HENRI MARK III released for 2019 is the culmination of years of ‘kaizen’ iteration. Now available in the elusive PHANTOM BLACK and the classic MAHOGANY BROWN.
- Durable and rugged leather: Handcut, handcrafted, and designed to age beautifully and develop patina over the years
- Soft and supple leather neck pad unlike any other strap
- Adjustable length with brass components
- No exposed metal: Protect your camera from scratches and scuffs
- Attention to detail: Hand stitched, vibrant crimson red accent color on the back of adjustment cover
“Memento Mori. Photograph as if today was your last.”Eric Kim
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE HENRI COLLECTION:
ERIC KIM: Sublime Function
EK / ERIC KIM
- HANDCRAFTED IN SMALL BATCHES
- ARTISANAL LEATHER
- MINIMALIST DESIGN
- ROBUST AESTHETICS
THE ERIC KIM COLLECTION IS YOUR MINIMALIST COMPANION ON THE STREETS REMINDING YOU TO JUST SHOOT IT.
FORM at the intersection of FUNCTION
SAIGON: Global Entrepreneurship – Independently Owned: CALIFORNIA
WE ARE NOT ANONYMOUS.
Our products each have a story. Unlike huge, anonymous factories, this is the entire operation: Eric, Cindy, our sisters Annette and Jennifer, Lan, and Uyen. We are transparent about our labor practices because we are proud and love each product we make.
We support honest and beautiful work with respectful wages to our artists, artisans, and collaborators. We are majority women led, family operated, and independent entrepreneurs.
HANDCRAFTED IN LIMITED EDITION BATCHES
INSPIRED BY BEAUTY AND FUNCTION
- Behind the scenes of the handcrafted HENRI NECK STRAP
- ERIC KIM CASE IN BRONZE looped around the ERIC KIM PORTFOLIO BAG
VISIT OUR SHOP: WWW.HAPTICINDUSTRIES.COM
TO DREAM, TO WONDER, TO MAKE, TO SEE
AN ETERNAL RETURN TO THE CREATIVE EVERYDAY.
DIRECTION, DESIGN, CONCEPT //
PHOTOGRAPHY // ERIC KIM