As I get older, it seems I prize reliability more and more. The “best” less and less.
Priuses over Lamborghinis
Lamborghinis and hyper cars are cool, but are they reliable? No. A simple reason I’d never desire to own and have to maintain a Lamborghini. It seems with cars, the most reliable car is the best (I think it’s probably a Toyota Prius).
Disdain for unreliable cameras
RICOH GR III is an insanely great camera, but it’s also insanely unreliable. A reason I’m starting to disdain this camera, and prefer the robust and reliable nature of my Lumix G9. Especially for us photographers, missing a decisive moment … is it worth it? I say:
If for every 10,000 photo attempts with one critical error of your camera, it ain’t worth it.
Recently my RICOH GR III has been having errors— storage errors. I’d shoot a photo and the screen turns black and says “image cannot be stored”. Fuck that! If I’m trying to photograph a decisive moment of any kind of insanely high worth and my RICOH fails, it ain’t worth using at all.
Discover more personal meaning in your photographic life with PHOTOLOSOPHY >
- Why Share Your Photos?
- On Becoming Less Critical of Your Photos and Yourself as a Photographer
- Camera is God
- Photography Philosophy
- Photography for Mental and Physiological Health
- Photography and Health
- How You Can Become a Great Photographer
- Form and Substance
- ALL PHOTOS ARE ACCURATE, NONE ARE TRUTH.
- What Are You Trying to Message in Your Photography?
- Don’t Strive to Make Good Photos
- EVERY OPPORTUNITY IS A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY
- Photography as Your Personal Life Odyssey
- The Joyful Photography
- Photography 300 Years from Now
- All I wanna do is make photos and philosophize!
- First Get Happier, then Shoot Photos!
- No Artwork SHOULD Last Forever
- High Photography
- How to Photograph Your Everyday Life
- The Photograph is Not Sacred
- PHOTO MODE.
- The Visual Soundtrack of Your Life
- The Photographer is a Visual Explorer and Transformer
- Photography as the Ultimate Artistic Form of Self-Expression
- Don’t Seek to Please or Impress Others with Your Photos
- Shoot For Yourself
- Power Photography
- Creative Evolution
- The Artist-Photographer
- Photo Realism
- Perpetual Photography
- All Photography is Good Photography
- Optimal Simplicity
- True Happiness in Photography
- NOW IS THE TIME TO SHOOT! #photolosophy
- Photolosophy: With Physical Proximity comes Emotional Proximity
- Why Share Photos?
- Chaos Photography
- Soul Street Photography
- Now is the Time to Shoot!
- Photolosophy 101: Don’t Photograph Others the Way You Wouldn’t Want to Be Photographed
- Photolosophy 101: Life and Death in Photography
- Photolosophy 101: Street Photography and the Art of People
- Introduction to Photolosophy
- Photography Entrepreneurship Philosophy
- Photography Philosophy 101