We all go ga-ga over how to get more followers, likes, blah blah blah. But how come we never ask:
*WHY* share your photos?
Some of my thoughts:
1. Share photos to impact and move people
It seems we humans derive great joy in making an impact on others or on the world. Thus, to share your photos and have your photos be seen by others is good… because your photos will impact them, change them, and affect their emotions-thinking a certain way.
2. Photos are political
When you shoot a certain photo or share it… it is political. Also philosophical. You only shoot that which you find personally interesting. Therefore the photos you shoot are truly a reflection of yourself, your own personal morality-ethics, and your own line of thinking.
3. Creating art for yourself or for others?
If we consider the ancient Greeks and Romans …the notion of creating great art works (poetry, epics, statues, etc) was in order to impact others. How bad would it be if Socrates never lectured and philosophized in public, or how bad would it be if Plato kept all his writings to himself, or if Nietzsche never published his books and writings and works for the public. This would be bad.
4. Sharing my photos makes me happy!
Simply put, there is a joy of sharing. My friend said:
“If you care, share”.
Seems to be good advice. Only share what you care about or what you care for.
But what if you care for all your photos? Then by all means, share all your photos!
Discover more personal meaning in your photographic life with PHOTOLOSOPHY >
- On Becoming Less Critical of Your Photos and Yourself as a Photographer
- Camera is God
- Photography Philosophy
- Photography for Mental and Physiological Health
- Photography and Health
- How You Can Become a Great Photographer
- Form and Substance
- ALL PHOTOS ARE ACCURATE, NONE ARE TRUTH.
- What Are You Trying to Message in Your Photography?
- Don’t Strive to Make Good Photos
- EVERY OPPORTUNITY IS A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY
- Photography as Your Personal Life Odyssey
- The Joyful Photography
- Photography 300 Years from Now
- All I wanna do is make photos and philosophize!
- First Get Happier, then Shoot Photos!
- No Artwork SHOULD Last Forever
- High Photography
- How to Photograph Your Everyday Life
- The Photograph is Not Sacred
- PHOTO MODE.
- The Visual Soundtrack of Your Life
- The Photographer is a Visual Explorer and Transformer
- Photography as the Ultimate Artistic Form of Self-Expression
- Don’t Seek to Please or Impress Others with Your Photos
- Shoot For Yourself
- Power Photography
- Creative Evolution
- The Artist-Photographer
- Photo Realism
- Perpetual Photography
- All Photography is Good Photography
- Optimal Simplicity
- True Happiness in Photography
- NOW IS THE TIME TO SHOOT! #photolosophy
- Photolosophy: With Physical Proximity comes Emotional Proximity
- Why Share Photos?
- Chaos Photography
- Soul Street Photography
- Now is the Time to Shoot!
- Photolosophy 101: Don’t Photograph Others the Way You Wouldn’t Want to Be Photographed
- Photolosophy 101: Life and Death in Photography
- Photolosophy 101: Street Photography and the Art of People
- Introduction to Photolosophy
- Photography Entrepreneurship Philosophy
- Photography Philosophy 101