What is our goal being photographers and visual artists? Simple; not to become a petty and small photographer, but to strive towards greatness, magnanimity, and to become a great photographer!
The goal is to master photography. To master your usage of your camera, like your sword or tool; your instrument to create images. Any way shape form or technique is good; if it promotes your creative and artistic flourishing. For example, not just still photos, but also moving photos (video):
Or another fun thing I’ve been doing — shooting videos, then watching them full screen on my laptop, then shooting screenshots of the slices of the video I like; it is a form of ‘meta-photography‘ (shooting screen shots of your own videos… it is like creative ‘double dipping!)
Greatness doesn’t need to compare itself to another
To become a great photographer… what need do you have to compare yourself with other photographers? The truly great, huge and magnanimous artists have zero interest in what other artists are doing. Your goal is to strive towards your own personal longevity and greatness, not to merely ape or feel bad about not being as good as others.
Discover more personal meaning in your photographic life with PHOTOLOSOPHY >
- What is the Point of Photography?
- Past, Present, and Future Photos
- Why Share Your Photos?
- On Becoming Less Critical of Your Photos and Yourself as a Photographer
- Camera is God
- Photography Philosophy
- Photography for Mental and Physiological Health
- Photography and Health
- How You Can Become a Great Photographer
- Form and Substance
- ALL PHOTOS ARE ACCURATE, NONE ARE TRUTH.
- What Are You Trying to Message in Your Photography?
- Don’t Strive to Make Good Photos
- EVERY OPPORTUNITY IS A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY
- Photography as Your Personal Life Odyssey
- The Joyful Photography
- Photography 300 Years from Now
- All I wanna do is make photos and philosophize!
- First Get Happier, then Shoot Photos!
- No Artwork SHOULD Last Forever
- High Photography
- How to Photograph Your Everyday Life
- The Photograph is Not Sacred
- PHOTO MODE.
- The Visual Soundtrack of Your Life
- The Photographer is a Visual Explorer and Transformer
- Photography as the Ultimate Artistic Form of Self-Expression
- Don’t Seek to Please or Impress Others with Your Photos
- Shoot For Yourself
- Power Photography
- Creative Evolution
- The Artist-Photographer
- Photo Realism
- Perpetual Photography
- All Photography is Good Photography
- Optimal Simplicity
- True Happiness in Photography
- NOW IS THE TIME TO SHOOT! #photolosophy
- Photolosophy: With Physical Proximity comes Emotional Proximity
- Why Share Photos?
- Chaos Photography
- Soul Street Photography
- Now is the Time to Shoot!
- Photolosophy 101: Don’t Photograph Others the Way You Wouldn’t Want to Be Photographed
- Photolosophy 101: Life and Death in Photography
- Photolosophy 101: Street Photography and the Art of People
- Introduction to Photolosophy
- Photography Entrepreneurship Philosophy
- Photography Philosophy 101