To motivate yourself to make new photos, or to find joy in photography — this is our goal. Simple ideas:
1. Make videos
Making videos is a great way to motivate your photos. After all … what is “video”? It is just moving photos.
Record and video yourself doing anything mundane! It is all good. Recording all motion is good.
2. Move more
I’ve found this to be true:
The amount of photos I make is directly proportional to the amount I’ve moved around that day.
For example, whether I went to workout, to the local farmers market, walked around the block, visited the park, etc.
3. Shoot textures around the house
With our new COVID quarantine lifestyle, it seems that we have a lot of things we can just shoot around the house. I suggest photographing any interesting textures you see at home:
Textures can be your bed folds, your food, or random decorations you have at home.
4. Screenshot your videos
To the prior point, watch videos you’ve recorded, and watch it full screen, and shoot screenshots of stills you like.
5. Print and frame your photos at home
The joy of selecting a photo to print, then printing it and framing it at home. You can just order some cheap prints on Costco Photo Center online, and for frames I really like IKEA frames, or any other random frames you can procure.
6. Go out and eat out (if possible)
Insofar much as you can — go eat out, get takeout, the local farmer market, etc. You will see more, experience more and be in a position in which you will see and discover new things to photograph!
Seek to supersede yourself and become more:
- Why Do We Love Motion?
- Now is Your Chance to Shoot History in the Making
- Photo by Photo
- How and Why Photography Remains So Interesting to Me
- How to Conquer Your Inner Photographic Critic
- Thoughts on HDR Photography
- New Year, New Photos
- Why Exhibit Your Photos?
- Photography is Visual Poetry
- What’s the Purpose of Art?
- Why Do We Photographers Have Such a Hard Time Staying Inspired and Motivated?
- On Becoming a More Optimistic Photographer
- Philosophy of Weather
- How to Become a More Optimistic Photographer and Human
- You Are a Creative Photographer
- JUST SHARE YOUR ARTISTIC PROCESS WITH OTHERS.
- What Motivates Me to Shoot?
- How to Maximize Yourself to the Fullest
- HOW TO MOVE AND MOTIVATE PEOPLE
- Autotelic Photography
- The more I go out and photograph the world, the more interesting and beautiful the world becomes
- Why Photographers Have Such Low Self-Esteem
- ERIC KIM MOTIVATION
- Why Am I So Unmotivated?
- EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY
- WHY ARE YOU SO UNMOTIVATED?
- Movement is Motivation
- How to Motivate Myself to Make New Photos
- Never Stop Optimizing
- How to Help and Motivate Others
- Feed On Your Own Photos; Let Them Nourish You!
- Competition is for Suckers
- A Future Without Travel
- How Google Can Improve Your Photography
- DEVELOP YOURSELF.
- NEVER STOP MOVING!
- How I Self-Motivate Myself
- Every Day the Sun is Birthed Anew
- A Life Without Photography Isn’t a Life Worth Living
- 8 Practical Photography Assignments for You
- Tabula Rasa, Blank Slate, Carte Blanche
- LIFE IS THE ULTIMATE RPG
- HYPER VIGOR
- FRESH AIR PHOTOS
- WHO IS GONNA THRIVE IN TODAY’S BRAVE NEW WORLD?
- ARTISTIC OPTIMISM
- PASSION, not Discipline
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- The Empowering Feeling of Failure
- To Be Human is to Move
- Enjoy the Process
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- Why Keep Making New Art and Photos, Indefinitely?
- Photography Motivation: What if There is Nothing Interesting to Photograph?
- Move First, Motivation Later
- Motivation Follows the Action
- In Praise of Heroes
- 5 Tips How to Boost Your Creativity
- How to Have Inspiration to Take Photos in the Suburbs
- Anything that Motivates You to Move is Good!
- The Productive Photographer is the Happiest Photographer!
- Make Today Count!
- How to Break Through Photographer’s Block
- The Joyful Photographer
- The Dancing Photographer
- The Kaizen Process of Gradual Self-Improvement in Photography
- It is Your Duty to Make Beautiful Pictures!
- Making Pictures IS Happiness!
- NO EXCUSES.
- The Pomodoro Photography Technique
- The ABC of Photography
- Just Shoot It.
- How to Change the World With Photography
- How to Find Inspiration in Photography and Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Create Against the Past
- How I Motivate Myself to Make Photos
- Wear Your Camera Like a Necklace or Bracelet
- Have Your Photos Come to You
- How to Level Up in Your Photography
- How Not to Give a Fuck of What Others Think of You
- How to Overcome Procrastination in Your Photography
- How to Reinspire Your Photography
- What is Your Mission in Photography and Life?
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block
- Be a Photographer Now
- How to Overcome Boredom with Photography
- Never Stop Growing as a Photographer
- Why Do You Need “Inspiration” to Shoot?
- Just Shoot.
- 5 Things to Do If You’ve Lost Your Passion for Photography
- How to Have Unshakeable Confidence in Yourself
- Don’t Give Up On Your Dream
- Don’t Waste Your Potential
- Unlock Your Potential
- Empower Others With Your Photography
- Why You Shouldn’t Follow Your Passion in Photography