What’s the purpose of design? Why is design important?
Art is all about design
Looking at the new Lamborghini Countach, I’m a but confused. What’s the purpose of it? To be frank, it is extremely boring. Doesn’t look futuristic. It looks a bit bland. Also, the bland white.
Design strives to be non-boring?
I say that the purpose of design should be to shock, awe and inspire the greatness in our artistic spirits and souls.
The more extreme, the better.
Actually I find the Lamborghini HURACAN STO far more thrilling.
Don’t be boring
Then perhaps the purpose of design is to excite us, inspire us, get our heart pumping. Thus my simple takeaway:
Great design gets our physiological muscles into motion.
- THE RAGING BULL.
- BARE BONES.
- The Best Car for Thinking
- Zen Aesthetics
- Why Minimalism?
- SPARTAN DESIGN.
- Generic Design
- An Elite Aesthetic
- Not Hateful Design
- New Forward Facing Design vs Retrospective and Nostalgic Design
- Depressing Design vs Uplifting Design
- The Best Design Towards What Ends?
- Exciting or Boring Design?
- On Design & Photography
- A Designer Desires to Design and Create Things!
- Delightful Technology and Design
- Dynamic Aesthetics
- Design vs Brand Prestige
- Classic Proportions, Modern Design
- Why Does Design Matter?
- The Best Design
- MUSCULAR DESIGN.
- Camera Design
- Watch Design