A thought on aesthetics:
What we are striving for is towards is an elite aesthetic — to look different, have a different taste (above the “vulgar masses”).
Furthermore to go even beyond a superficial elite aesthetic. For example, to me it seems too basic to buy an Audi car, a BMW, or even a Mercedes to “stunt” your aesthetic tastes. It is almost like the lazy way to spout “luxury” (equivalent to buying a Louis Vuitton bag). Even in some ways, buying a Porsche 911 is “too obvious” of a cool aesthetic (everyone already knows it is a cool car, and everyone already has one … so why do you gotta get it?)
Anyways with your design aesthetic, design choices, clothing, fashion, haircut, the way you present yourself — perhaps the desire is for us to differentiate ourselves even more from others, than to fit in.
- Not Hateful Design
- New Forward Facing Design vs Retrospective and Nostalgic Design
- Depressing Design vs Uplifting Design
- The Best Design Towards What Ends?
- Exciting or Boring Design?
- On Design & Photography
- A Designer Desires to Design and Create Things!
- Delightful Technology and Design
- Dynamic Aesthetics
- Design vs Brand Prestige
- Classic Proportions, Modern Design
- Why Does Design Matter?
- The Best Design
- MUSCULAR DESIGN.
- Camera Design
- Watch Design