DURING COVID-19 and considering all the gyms are closed, this is how I workout from home:
First of all, bodyweight is good. For example:
- One handed pushups
- Dive bombers
- One handed dive bomber
- Elevated pushup
- Bodyweight squats
- 1-legged pistol squat
For bodyweight exercises, just do what feels good!
2. Weights (dumb-bells)
I got two 60-pound dumbbells at home.
One good workout:
Chest press from the ground.
There are a trillion workouts you can do at home with dumbbells. Some other ideas:
- Bulgarian split squat
- Dumbell deadlifts
- Turkish getup (my new favorite)
- Rows (one handed, or two handed)
3. Feel the burn!
Workout to feel the burn. The pain is good. Pain feels good!
Of course you want to avoid ‘traumatic pain’. What I say is this:
Keep cranking out reps, until you think you cannot do any more, than when you think you hit a limit, try to do 25% more reps.
For example let us say you are aiming for 20 reps. Then when you hit 20, take a break, rest, and try to churn out 2 more reps (for a total of 22 reps).
4. Make the best of what you got!
Go to the park (if you can) and do chin-ups. Or muscle-ups. Just experiment! Or just throw around a rock!
5. Workout new styles
While you cannot go to the gym, use this time to be more childlike! Experiment and have fun!
My Muscle Philosophy:
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!
- MY EXERCISE/WORKOUT PHILOSOPHY
- What if Mood Originates in the Stomach and Gut? Digestion Health
- Why I Don’t Consume Protein Powder or Supplements
- Real vs Fake // Natural vs Unnatural
- You Can’t Fake Strength
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss