Life is not a competition, but there are certainly ways you can gain a competitive advantage compared with others, by identifying your ‘archimedes lever’ (your one thing that you are probably at least 10x better than others in) and focusing on maximizing that.
For me, it is very easy and seamless and requires me almost no effort to blog, shoot YouTube videos, lift weights, shoot photos, write, think, walk, talk to people, etc. Then it seems wise for me to focus on my greatest strengths, and disregard my weaknesses.
Being ‘well rounded’ is overrated
In modern times we are taught that to be well rounded is more virtuous than being really really good at one (or two) things. However if we think about it, in a world where we got trillions of people on planet earth, do we really gotta be good at *everything*, besides just trying to impress random college application folks? For example in order to get into a good college when I was a high schooler, I needed like a trillion community service hours, be part of tons of clubs, etc. It worked well for me, as I got into UCLA. But the question:
Is the purpose of K-12 education and becoming ‘well rounded’ in order to get into a good college, or to become a virtuous and great person?
Ignoring everyone else
All of my greatest innovations have come about when I blatantly ignored everyone else; going ‘zen zone’ and disconnecting myself from the outside world, in order to connect deeper with my inside creative world.
Morale of the story:
Follow and obey your gut, have deep pride in your strengths and disregard your “shortcomings”.
Become the change which you desire to see manifested in the world!
- Less But More Premium
- Mainstream vs Low-Key Success
- Why Dissatisfaction is Good
- SEEK YOUR OWN PERSONAL MAXIMAL BENEFIT INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING
- Manifest Your Destiny
- Is it Best to *Not* Communicate Your Inner Thoughts or Ideas With Others?
- CREATE THINGS YOU WISH TO SEE MANIFESTED IN THE WORLD
- How to Do More Work
- Competition is for Losers
- Your Competitive Advantage with Insanely Fast Wifi and High Speed Internet
- Pseudo Individualism
- Natural Internal Promoting vs External Promptings
Think for Yourself.
- Survival vs Thrivival
- Become Rich
- Why it is Better to Beg for Forgiveness than Ask for Permission
- Thinking About the Past Prevents You From Thinking About the Future
- How to Predict the Future
- Tools of Mass Distraction
- So What?
Never stop innovating: “Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship“.
- What is Your Dream in Life?
- 8 Blogging Productivity Tips
- Why Be Normal?
- How Much Suffering Are You Willing to Endure to Achieve Your Dreams?
Put a Dent in the Universe.