In praise of meat
I am convinced —
One of the worst ills in modern society is this vehement anti-meat bias.
For example, ask yourself:
If you are an intellectual, are you allowed to go to a dinner party and tell everyone outloud that “I love to eat meat!”
No. You would be seen as a monster, someone who is killing the planet, etc. The more ‘virtuous’ thing is to be either vegetarian, vegan, or perhaps someone who only eats ‘pasture-raised grass-fed humanely slaughtered’ meat, preferably from Whole Foods or a farm, “once a while”. Even more virtuous to “give up red meat”– because it is ‘bad for the planet’, ‘bad for your health’ and ‘inhumane to animals’, etc.
Why do I care about this?
Now if you have a Netflix subscription you’ve probably seen one of the anti-meat propaganda films. I am not going to argue the ethics of meat eating in terms of environmental reasons (yet), but I desire to explore the contours of our strange new society which is profoundly dog-and-pet friendly, but anti-human?
Are animal lives EQUIVALENT to human lives?
First question. I say easily:
No matter what, a human life will ALWAYS be infinitely superior to an animal life of any kind. If I had a choice of saving a stranger’s baby’s life or the life of my (beloved) dog, I would always choose the life of the human being … even if it weren’t my own kid.
Is the trend towards vegetarianism or veganism bad for human health?
I think so. This is the reason why the trend to veganism or vegetarian is bad:
Under-nourished future children.
For example, certainly you can do with your kid whatever you want. But if parents and kids are getting suckered into becoming vegan… this is a huge public health issue. And I actually really care for public health. Why? I know growing up, I had a huge ‘information gap’ issue. Typically people who have less education in America are easily swayed and suckered. This means the vegan-kale-munching elite (typically highly educated folks in America) have the ultimate virtue-signaling sway to tell the rest of us what is ‘good’ for us or what is ‘bad’ for us. And I am highly highly highly suspicious of Bill Gates — I think he is probably the uber-virtue signaling individual who is probably the world’s biggest (hidden) asshole, who just wants to augment his own personal influence on the world (for the ‘good’ of humanity).
- Under-Nutrition is the Issue?
- ERIC KIM EATS
- Eating Meat Doesn’t Make You Fat
- Better to Record and Shoot Videos of Your Food than Still Photos
- Why Eating Fat is Good for You
- ERIC KIM EATS MEAT
- Meat is King
- How I Cook
- Why I Eat Meat
- In Praise of Crock Pot Cooking
- Eat a Lot of Meat *AND* Eat a Lot of Bitter Greens
- CARNIVORE DIET
- How I Cook at Home
- The More Meat You Eat, the Stronger You Will Become.
- How Much Meat Can You Eat in a Day?
- Why Meat is Good
- How to Eat More Meat
- Why Eat Meat?
- Cholesterol (Meat) is a Steroid
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.