ERIC KIM STOCK PHOTOS [Dropbox Download Link]: A collection of free, open-source photographs for you to use for any purpose:
DOWNLOAD .ZIP (350mb)
Why did I make this?
My buddy Jeffrey Lam inspired me. He used a lot of my Hanoi photos as images to accompany his blog posts, and I thought this was great.
I then thought to myself:
It would be great if I could make some free stock images, for people to use to accompany their blog posts, their articles, or anything they needed for a ‘royalty free’ image.
My personal benefit
This is also the cool thing with making your images free and open-source; it is also a good business strategy.
Instead of being afraid that people are going to ‘steal’ your photos, you actually want people to ‘steal’ your photos, because that means you will be able to spread your images more widely, for them to become more viral!
This is also a good strategy to become a more famous photographer; for more people to know your images.
Do onto others as you would want others to do unto you
The golden rule isn’t an ethic you must follow, but it is an ethical rule that I like.
For myself, I don’t like paying for stock photos. I would prefer to use them for free.
And I also believe in open source information; thus — I am trying to ‘be the change which you wish to see in the world’.
To the best of my knowledge, none of these photos include identifying marks of faces. Which means, you should be able to use any of these photographs without breaking any sort of personal privacy laws.
How to use these photos
- Remix the photos for slideshows, videos, music videos
- Use them as your laptop, tablet, or phone background
- Print them out to decorate your house
- Use them to accompany blog posts and articles (images make articles and text less boring)
- Use the photographs as inspiration, and share them with friends and family who you think would like them.
DOWNLOAD .ZIP (350mb)
ERIC KIM DOWNLOADS
Mini Street Photography Starter KitIf you’re starting in street photography, here is my free and open-source ‘MINI Street Photography Starter Kit’. For more inspiration and dopeness, see the full version: “Street Photography Starter Kit“.
FREE ERIC KIM EBOOKSDropbox Download >
CONTACT SHEETS by ERIC KIM
ERIC KIM PHOTOS
RAW photosdropbox Raw files >
ERIC KIM LIGHTROOM PRESETSDownload ZIP:
PDF VisualizationsMade by ANNETTE KIM: ERIC KIM x Annette Kim PDF Visualizations – HAPTICPRESS
Black and White Street PhotographySee all pictures on Dropbox >
Contact Sheets by ERIC KIMSee directory on Dropbox >
EBOOKSSee all Ebooks on Dropbox >
PDF EBOOK: Street Photography Contact SheetsDirect downloads:
Full: STREET PHOTOGRAPHY STARTER KIT >Buy the full STREET PHOTOGRAPHY STARTER KIT >
Here are all of the free downloads available to you, with love:
Dear friend, I want you to download me — download all these books, articles, and information for free– for you to remix it however you would like. For you to use these images to illustrate blog posts. For you to look at these full-resolution images to analyze composition. For you to use these free Lightroom presets to actually make your digital RAW photos look good. For you to empower yourself. Because I think that information is power. Information is everything. Information is money and control of the world (just consider that scene from the James Bond 007 Skyfall at the end of the film — the guy who controlled the information controlled the world). With this information, you can learn how to conquer your fears, find more personal meaning in your photography and life, and seek to empower others through the art of photography.
BOOKSDownload all PDF books:
- 31 Days to Overcome Your Fear of Shooting Street Photography
- 100 Lessons From the Masters of Street Photography
- Color Manual
- Film Street Photography Manual
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block
- Leica Manual
- Letters from a Street Photographer
- Monochrome Manual
- Personal Photography Manifesto
- Photography 101
- Photography by Eric Kim
- Street Photography 101
- Street Photography 102
- Street Photography Aphorisms
- Street Photography by Eric Kim
- Street Photography Contact Sheets Volume II
- Street Photography Contact Sheets
- The Art of Street Photography
- The Social Media Blackbook for Photographers
- The Street Photography Project Manual
- The Street Portrait Manual
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- Zen Photography by Eric Kim
- Eric Kim Presets 2018
- Eric Kim Chroma Tokyo Presets 2018
- Eric Kim Chroma Kyoto Presets 2017
- Eric Kim Lightroom Presets 2017
VISUALIZATIONS & RESOURCES by HAPTIC
- FILM NOTES BLANK WORKSHEETS
- All Visualizations by Annette Kim
- “How to Overcome Fears of Photographing Strangers“(11/2/2o17)
- “What to Look For When Shooting in the Streets” (11/8/2017)
- “What is the Best Camera for Street Photography?” (11/22/2017)
- “Travel Photography Tips” (12/10/2017)
- “Introduction to Composition in Photography” (12/18/2017) New!
- “Zen of Eric: On Life, Photography, Art, and Work” (12/29/2017) New!
- “New Year’s Photography Resolutions” (12/31/2017) New!
- “How to Monetize Your Photography” (1/23/2018) New!
- “10 Visual Challenges to Boost Your Creative Photography” (3/21/2018) New!
- “Smartphone Street Photography” (4/19/2018) New!
- “Eric Kim Lightroom Workflow” (5/12/2018) New!
- “10 Ways to Boost Your Creativity” (5/30/2018) New!
PHOTOS by ERIC KIMDownload:
- ERIC KIM PORTFOLIO 2017 (jpeg/380 mb)
- Medium-format photos by ERIC KIM (.jpeg/174 mb)
- RAW Eric Kim Photos
Open-sourceAll the information on this site, including photos, images, videos, articles, books, or text is free and open source– meaning you can do whatever you want with it. You can remix it, translate it, or sell it for a profit. The reason why I am doing this is to help empower you with information. And I feel that freedom is information, and power. Be strong, Eric
Eric Kim Blog OfflineIf you plan on going on a flight, or going somewhere without internet access (and still want access to this blog), you can download this entire blog (offline, without images) as a 1.4GB (yes, very big) direct download. All you need to do is extract this .ZIP file, and open up ‘index.html’ to access the entire site. Have fun :)
ArticlesMy best articles as text files: See all recent posts >
VideosMy most popular videos (2GB): See all videos on YouTube >
- Composition in Street Photography (PDF, Keynote)
- 7 Lessons from the Masters of Street Photography (Google Slides)
- How to Shoot Street Portraits (PDF, Keynote)
- How to Conquer Your Fear of Shooting Street Photography (PDF, Keynote)
- Street Photography 101 (PDF, Keynote)
- Street Photography Projects (PDF)