Why do I keep all my photos open source, and free for you to download and “steal”?
Well, many different reasons:
- I think an open information society benefits everyone.
- Ethically, I pirated a lot of stuff when I was young and poor, and it empowered me. Now I don’t want to restrict access to others who might benefit from my information or knowledge.
- A selfish benefit: the more open and free my photos, the more they will spread virally, which will ultimately benefit me as an entrepreneur. Open source in photography also makes cents from a business aspect.
- It’s easier for me to access my own photos: I upload all my photos full resolution to this blog (which I encourage you to download), and I often include ZIP download links to all the JPEG photos of mine (see my downloads page). This allows me to easily access my own photos, assuming my hard drives crashed or I’m having syncing issues on the cloud, or if I’m using someone else’s devices and I want to look at my own photos.
- I want to make a statement: To me, putting watermarks on your photos are lame. With smartphones it’s so easy to screenshot photos and even upres (increase the resolution of) them, and print them out. To me it makes no sense to fight against this technological trend; better to figure out ways as can benefit and profit from this shift!
- In a selfish way, I get more joy knowing that more people have access to my photos and can look at them! Therefore the more open and free I keep my photos, the more people can enjoy them!
Mini Street Photography Starter Kit
If you’re starting in street photography, here is my free and open-source ‘MINI Street Photography Starter Kit’. For more inspiration and dopeness, see the full version: “Street Photography Starter Kit“.
FREE ERIC KIM EBOOKS
CONTACT SHEETS by ERIC KIM
ERIC KIM PHOTOS
ERIC KIM LIGHTROOM PRESETS
Made by ANNETTE KIM:
ERIC KIM x Annette Kim PDF Visualizations – HAPTICPRESS
Black and White Street Photography
Contact Sheets by ERIC KIM
PDF EBOOK: Street Photography Contact Sheets
Full: STREET PHOTOGRAPHY STARTER KIT >
Buy the full STREET PHOTOGRAPHY STARTER KIT >
Here are all of the free downloads available to you, with love:
I want you to download me — download all these books, articles, and information for free– for you to remix it however you would like.
For you to use these images to illustrate blog posts. For you to look at these full-resolution images to analyze composition.
For you to use these free Lightroom presets to actually make your digital RAW photos look good.
For you to empower yourself. Because I think that information is power. Information is everything.
Information is money and control of the world (just consider that scene from the James Bond 007 Skyfall at the end of the film — the guy who controlled the information controlled the world).
With this information, you can learn how to conquer your fears, find more personal meaning in your photography and life, and seek to empower others through the art of photography.
Download all PDF books:
Photography Series PDF Books by Eric Kim
Individual PDF books:
- 31 Days to Overcome Your Fear of Shooting Street Photography
- 100 Lessons From the Masters of Street Photography
- Color Manual
- Film Street Photography Manual
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block
- Leica Manual
- Letters from a Street Photographer
- Monochrome Manual
- Personal Photography Manifesto
- Photography 101
- Photography by Eric Kim
- Street Photography 101
- Street Photography 102
- Street Photography Aphorisms
- Street Photography by Eric Kim
- Street Photography Contact Sheets Volume II
- Street Photography Contact Sheets
- The Art of Street Photography
- The Social Media Blackbook for Photographers
- The Street Photography Project Manual
- The Street Portrait Manual
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- Zen Photography by Eric Kim
- Eric Kim Presets 2018
- Eric Kim Chroma Tokyo Presets 2018
- Eric Kim Chroma Kyoto Presets 2017
- Eric Kim Lightroom Presets 2017
VISUALIZATIONS & RESOURCES by HAPTIC
- FILM NOTES BLANK WORKSHEETS
- All Visualizations by Annette Kim
- “How to Overcome Fears of Photographing Strangers“(11/2/2o17)
- “What to Look For When Shooting in the Streets” (11/8/2017)
- “What is the Best Camera for Street Photography?” (11/22/2017)
- “Travel Photography Tips” (12/10/2017)
- “Introduction to Composition in Photography” (12/18/2017) New!
- “Zen of Eric: On Life, Photography, Art, and Work” (12/29/2017) New!
- “New Year’s Photography Resolutions” (12/31/2017) New!
- “How to Monetize Your Photography” (1/23/2018) New!
- “10 Visual Challenges to Boost Your Creative Photography” (3/21/2018) New!
- “Smartphone Street Photography” (4/19/2018) New!
- “Eric Kim Lightroom Workflow” (5/12/2018) New!
- “10 Ways to Boost Your Creativity” (5/30/2018) New!
PHOTOS by ERIC KIM
- ERIC KIM PORTFOLIO 2017 (jpeg/380 mb)
- Medium-format photos by ERIC KIM (.jpeg/174 mb)
- RAW Eric Kim Photos
All the information on this site, including photos, images, videos, articles, books, or text is free and open source– meaning you can do whatever you want with it.
You can remix it, translate it, or sell it for a profit.
The reason why I am doing this is to help empower you with information. And I feel that freedom is information, and power.
Eric Kim Blog Offline
If you plan on going on a flight, or going somewhere without internet access (and still want access to this blog), you can download this entire blog (offline, without images) as a 1.4GB (yes, very big) direct download. All you need to do is extract this .ZIP file, and open up ‘index.html’ to access the entire site. Have fun :)
My best articles as text files:
My most popular videos (2GB):
- Composition in Street Photography (PDF, Keynote)
- 7 Lessons from the Masters of Street Photography (Google Slides)
- How to Shoot Street Portraits (PDF, Keynote)
- How to Conquer Your Fear of Shooting Street Photography (PDF, Keynote)
- Street Photography 101 (PDF, Keynote)
- Street Photography Projects (PDF)
See all presentations on Slideshare >
See more downloads on archive.org >