As a gift, download Eric Kim Lightroom Presets 2017 (my newest free collection of Lightroom Presets).
The presets are a work in progress, and designed to simulate the look of film. I was trying to make my digital photos look like my film photos, and all the presets I personally use.
The preset I use all the time is the “Eric Kim Monochrome 1600” high-contrast black and white preset. It is optimized for the Ricoh GR II.
When I shoot color, I use the Eric Kim Color 1600 Preset (also optimized for Ricoh GR, but should work ok on any camera).
Also included are some older presets, in-case you want to use them, edit them, remix them, or mess around with them:
- Eric Kim Color 1600
- Eric Kim Neopan 1600
- Eric Kim Portra
- Eric Kim Ricoh Portra
- Eric Kim Tri-X 1600
Instructions to Install Presets
- Open up Lightroom
- Go in the “Develop” module (hotkey “D”)
- Under the “Presets” drop-down menu (bottom-left) right-click (or on Mac, control+click) and click “Import…” and then select your presets from your “Downloads” folder
- Apply to your image
Lightroom and Editing Tutorials
Editing: The art of choosing your best photos (not to be confused with post-processing).
If you’re new to Lightroom, here are some tutorials that can help you:
- How to Edit a Photography Project in Lightroom
- How I Edit My Photos in Lightroom
- How to Use Lightroom in 10 Minutes For Beginners
- Eric Kim Lightroom Presets
Learn how to choose your best photos:
- How to Choose Your Best Photos
- Be Your Own Harshest Critic
- Nobody Wants to Look at Your Photos
- 15 Tips How to Choose Your Best Photos
Also you can learn more on how to choose your best photos with Contact Sheets
All the free resources you need to master the fundamentals of photography:
The Fundamentals of Photography
- Free Photography Bootcamp
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography
- 100 Photography Tips for Beginners
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Street Photography
- 70 Street Photography Tips
- 15 Street Photography Techniques
- How to Do What You Love for a Living
- Should I Follow My Passion For a Living?
- How to Create an MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- What is the Perfect Camera For You?
- What to Consider When Buying a Camera
- More Megapixels, More Problems
- How to Take Better Photos
- How to Capture Emotion in Your Photos
- How to Create a “Curiosity Gap” in Your Photos
- Composition Lesson #1: Triangles
- Composition Lesson #2: Figure-to-ground
- Composition Lesson #3: Diagonals
- 40 Practical Photography Assignments
- 15 Street Photography Assignments
- 25 Photography New Year’s Resolutions
- Street Photography Contact Sheets
- Street Photography Contact Sheets Volume II
- Debunking the “Myth of the Decisive Moment”
- Each Photo You Take is an “Attempt”
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block
- Why Do You Need “Inspiration” to Shoot?
- Grain is Beautiful
- Are Filters “Cheating” in Photography?
- Video: Introduction to Editing, Processing, and Workflow in Lightroom