Photography is interesting when our photos can be used as a stimulus to imagine … to imagine what was *really* happening behind the scenes. Also, when we apply filters to our photos, we allow our viewers to imagine more!
Why photos with no filters don’t really interest us much
If your photos are too straight forward (imagine a smartphone photo or a clean JPEG automatic photograph), these “no filter” photos don’t really interest us. Why? No intrigue. Less opportunity for us to imagine!
In praise of blurred and/or out of focus photos
When we look at a blurred or out of focus photo, it forces us to imagine what we are really looking at.
Perhaps also with photos of people and humans … photos that *don’t* look “true to life” are far more interesting to study and analyze!
Perhaps this is the genius of the impressionist painters, the cubists, and also pop artists?
Art as reality re-packaged in a novel way!
The Art of Art
INSPIRE YOURSELF with HAPTIC.
- Focus on Philosophy and Art
- Inspiration and Expiration
- Artwork Created Out of Despair or Joy?
- Philosophy and Art over Politics
- CAN YOU SEPARATE THE ARTIST AND THEIR ART WORK?
- The Artist’s Will to Immortality
- THE WILL TO PROCREATION
- How to Make 3D Abstract Art with Adobe Dimension (if You’re Stuck at Home)
- Don’t Sit on the Sidelines as History is Being Made!
- Why Improve Our Lives?
- Happiness for What?
- Artistic Exertion
- What is Artwork?
- Make then Share!
- How to Express Your Creative Instinct
- Avoid Anything That Makes You Unproductive in Your Art
- Pictures Should Stimulate Your Life!
- How to Create More Pictures
- How to Shoot More Photos
- How to Be a Passionate Photographer
- Make More Than You Take
- NEVER COMPROMISE.
- Why Photography is the Best Art Form.
- How to become unstuck.
- How to Become a FEARLESS Artist
- KANDINSKY: THE ARTIST IS THE PROPHET
- How to Have More Creative Confidence in Your Photography
- How to Make More Art
- YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
- How Not to Give a Fuck What Others Think of Your Photography
- Is Photography Art?
- Leonardo da Vinci: Art, Photography, and Life Lessons
- How to Make Better Photos
- The Art of Street Photography
- The Art of Photography
- How to Conquer Your Fears in Art
- How to Be a More Productive Artist
- How to Have More Confidence as an Artist
- Make Photos for the Sake of Making Photos
- Make, Don’t Take Photos
- Perfect Pearl
- Make Photos to Delight Your Soul
- Revel in Your Defective Artistry
- Photography is Poetry Without Words
- Labor to Make Your Photos Concise