Happiness isn’t the end goal (contra Aristotle):
INSPIRE YOURSELF with HAPTIC.
Once you’re happy, then what?
I am very happy. Actually extremely happy. The happiest I think it is possible for a human being to be happy. My ‘happiness’ physiology is maxed out. It feels good and great. But my question:
What am I going to do with this happiness?
- Help empower others to achieve maximum happiness (level 99 happiness).
- When I get others to maximize their happiness, they can ‘pay it forward’ and make others happy as well.
- Channel my happy powers to continue pursuing philosophical insight and artistic insight, and sharing these findings on this blog.
Happiness as physiological thriving and strength
My definition of happiness is:
Physiological hyper-health and strength.
I don’t really think of happiness as a mental phenomenon. I see happiness as a physical/physiological phenomenon.
When you are physiologically strong and hyper-healthy, your brain and mind will feel happy (as a consequence).
But there is only an upper-limit to physiological health. Once you ‘max out’ your physiological health, then what?
Pursuit of knowledge and wisdom
One route is to become a philosopher and devote your entire life to pursue and pave new roads of knowledge and wisdom, and to share this with others (on your own blog). It seems that many great philosophers have pursued this path: Heraclitus, Aristotle, Nietzsche, etc.
Pursuit of making great art-works
Another route in life:
Strive with all of your might to make “magnum opuses” (great works) that will resist the cruel jaws of time.
Happiness AS A MEANS to greater works.
I believe that happiness is a bridge and a necessary component in order for us to become epic human beings. But happiness for the sake of happiness isn’t the goal.
The goal is to achieve a certain maximum level of physiological happiness and strength in order to have the power to attempt great works. Great works manifested in writing, dance, theater, art, photography, video, film, music, whatever you consider your art-work.
Maximize your physiological strength, and make great art!
INSPIRE YOURSELF with HAPTIC.
- Artistic Exertion
- What is Artwork?
- Make then Share!
- How to Express Your Creative Instinct
- Avoid Anything That Makes You Unproductive in Your Art
- Pictures Should Stimulate Your Life!
- How to Create More Pictures
- How to Shoot More Photos
- How to Be a Passionate Photographer
- Make More Than You Take
- NEVER COMPROMISE.
- Why Photography is the Best Art Form.
- How to become unstuck.
- How to Become a FEARLESS Artist
- KANDINSKY: THE ARTIST IS THE PROPHET
- How to Have More Creative Confidence in Your Photography
- How to Make More Art
- YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
- How Not to Give a Fuck What Others Think of Your Photography
- Is Photography Art?
- Leonardo da Vinci: Art, Photography, and Life Lessons
- How to Make Better Photos
- The Art of Street Photography
- The Art of Photography
- How to Conquer Your Fears in Art
- How to Be a More Productive Artist
- How to Have More Confidence as an Artist
- Make Photos for the Sake of Making Photos
- Make, Don’t Take Photos
- Perfect Pearl
- Make Photos to Delight Your Soul
- Revel in Your Defective Artistry
- Photography is Poetry Without Words
- Labor to Make Your Photos Concise