Why create? Why procreate?
Why have kids?
To create means to grow, to make grow, to nourish [ker-]. To become more, to become bigger.
It is for our vanity
Vanity is not evil. If anything, to be self-focused is good.
The great thing about vanity is this:
We are more honest.
For example, there isn’t a “practical” reason to have kids. Humanity will survive. But my vanity:
I want my genes, and my self to propagate indefinitely into the future.
Asserting your soul or becoming immortal?
MY THEORY ON ART: WE WANT TO IMMORTALIZE OURSELVES.
So when we make birth to an art-work, we are becoming more. We are multiplying our self and our soul.
Thus my theory:
The desire to make art or to make children, is the desire to multiply ourselves and make ourselves immortal?
How to Make Art
INSPIRE YOURSELF with HAPTIC.
- How to Make 3D Abstract Art with Adobe Dimension (if You’re Stuck at Home)
- Don’t Sit on the Sidelines as History is Being Made!
- Why Improve Our Lives?
- Happiness for What?
- Artistic Exertion
- What is Artwork?
- Make then Share!
- How to Express Your Creative Instinct
- Avoid Anything That Makes You Unproductive in Your Art
- Pictures Should Stimulate Your Life!
- How to Create More Pictures
- How to Shoot More Photos
- How to Be a Passionate Photographer
- Make More Than You Take
- NEVER COMPROMISE.
- Why Photography is the Best Art Form.
- How to become unstuck.
- How to Become a FEARLESS Artist
- KANDINSKY: THE ARTIST IS THE PROPHET
- How to Have More Creative Confidence in Your Photography
- How to Make More Art
- YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
- How Not to Give a Fuck What Others Think of Your Photography
- Is Photography Art?
- Leonardo da Vinci: Art, Photography, and Life Lessons
- How to Make Better Photos
- The Art of Street Photography
- The Art of Photography
- How to Conquer Your Fears in Art
- How to Be a More Productive Artist
- How to Have More Confidence as an Artist
- Make Photos for the Sake of Making Photos
- Make, Don’t Take Photos
- Perfect Pearl
- Make Photos to Delight Your Soul
- Revel in Your Defective Artistry
- Photography is Poetry Without Words
- Labor to Make Your Photos Concise
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 7th, 2020: ERIC KIM BLOGGING MASTER CLASS (Online, via Zoom). [Register Intent Here]
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.