If you want to become more ‘productive’, fast from productivity at certain times.
Intermittent productivity fasting.
We all know that intermittent fasting is good for our physiological health. Digital fasting is good too. Why not ‘productivity’ fasting?
What is productivity fasting?
Don’t always force yourself to be productive.
In fact, allow yourself certain periods of degeneracy.
Never ‘force’ yourself to be productive
Only produce and create stuff when you feel like it. In fact, it takes more skill to force yourself NOT to be productive than to force yourself to be productive.
What do kids do?
A kid never forces themselves to be productive. This is silly. Kids like to play, run around, be outdoors, play with dirt, and be out in the sun. Shouldn’t we adults do the same? Nietzsche even called the ancient Greeks as children.
What is the telos or end-game of your life?
Nobody regrets on their death bed:
I wish I died with inbox zero.
Certainly people also don’t regret not being more “productive” during their lifetimes. I think most people regret not having done more, attempted more, explored more, traveled more, or created more. When I say ‘productivity’ in the general sense, it means doing busy-work (logistics, emails, etc).
What is the best type of productivity? Creative productivity. To create a lot of stuff, art works, etc. This is the end-game!
Re-discover your inner-child like PICASSO:
- Happiness as a Means to Creative Productivity
- How I Remix My Photos in iPad and ProCreate
- Creative Productivity
- In Praise of Repetition
- The Eternal Creative Loop
- The Goal is Spontaneous Creative Activity
- Ignore Your Haters.
- You’re on a Winning Streak
- Ultralight Photography
- How to see.
- CREATORS SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.
- How to Ignore Your Inner-Critic
- How to Unlock Your Inner-Genius
- Success is Your Only Option
- How to Make Your Photos More Artistic
- Creative Lessons Rick Rubin Can Teach You About Photography
- Why I Love Shooting With an LCD Screen
- How to Shoot Abstract Photography
- How to Be More Spontaneous in Your Photography and Life
- How to Re-Invent Yourself in Photography
- How to Photograph Like a Child
- How to Be a More Imaginative Photographer
- Never Rust
- Limit Your Palette
- Follow Your Intuition
- Have Creative Confidence in Yourself
- How To Find Your Unique Voice in Photography
- Beginner’s Mind
- There is No Wrong Way to Shoot Street Photography
- You Can’t Control the Results, Only Effort
- On Capturing Beauty in the Mundane
- On Searching For the Maximum
- The Beauty of “Creative Constraints”
- How to Stay Curious
- Enjoy the Process
Learn more: Photography >