How to overcome fear, and become the best you.
Does fear hold you back?
I don’t know about you, but for me— Fear is my chain. Fear is what holds me back. Fear is what prevents me from reaching my personal maximum and potential.
I’m afraid that people won’t like me. I’m afraid that people will unfollow or unsubscribe from me, or say bad things about me.
I was raised to be a “people pleaser”— I only felt good about myself if I made others feel good.
Strength is the answer
But the problem is that if you devote too much of your life pleasing others, you will become a slave. A slave to the opinions of others, rather than the master of yourself and your own self-opinion of yourself.
To conquer fear, we need to become stronger.
The more we accustom ourselves to pain, the stronger we will get. Why? Because the pain sensors can be dulled.
I take cold showers quite religiously. The cold still is painful, yet — less painful than it was in the past. The longer I take cold showers, the less painful it becomes.
In life, the more I try to fail and try to get rejected —the more confidence I build. For example, the “10 no challenge” in my workshops is designed to push people outside of their comfort zone, and no longer fear rejection. Instead, we re-wire our brains to seek to get rejected.
This makes us stronger, because we no longer fear the pain associated with social rejection—arguably the worst pain you can experience as a human being.
I don’t eat breakfast or lunch, to help me build a tolerance to hunger.
Furthermore, I find that I become mentally and physically stronger, when I’m in a fasted state.
For example, when I’m hungry, I can actually deadlift heavier weights. This is why whenever I hit the gym, I make sure I don’t eat anything before.
Also, when I’m in a fasted state, I’m more productive with my content creation. I can write more, and produce more videos.
To become stronger, practice intermittent fasting. Just don’t eat breakfast, wait until lunch. Don’t eat snacks. If you’re hungry, just drink water, black coffee, or tea.
Make hunger your slave; don’t be the slave of your hunger.
Push Yourself 25% past your comfort zone
Push your limits, the only way to become stronger.
When working out, seek to do 25% more repetitions. With your creative work, try to push yourself 25% more.
For example, when I’m shooting street photography and I feel awkward, or scared to shoot more, I force myself to shoot 25% more pictures than I think I “should”. By pushing myself 25% more, I end up taking better pictures.
Assignments to become stronger
Other ways you can push yourself:
- When taking a cold shower and you’re in pain, try to spend 25% more time in the cold.
- When you’re fasting and hungry, push your limit by 25%.
- When you’re doing push-ups, and you don’t think you can do any more, try to crank out 25% more repetitions.
In your creative life, don’t see boundaries or barriers holding you back. All your walls are self-constructed.
You got no limits. Fly high, be bold, and every day, seek to become stronger.
- How to Conquer Depression With Photography
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
- How to Respect Yourself
- How to Believe in Yourself
- How to Steer Fear
- How to Conquer Pessimism
- How to Conquer Anxiety
- How to Overcome Your Fear of People
- How to Be Optimistic
- Why I Don’t Take My Anger Seriously
- HOW TO BECOME MORE POWERFUL
- HOW TO BECOME SUPERHUMAN
- How to Give a Fuck Less
- ALL IN.
- Why I Cut My Dad Out of My Life.
- Your iPhone Only Has 5% Battery Left.
- How not to give a FUCK about your REPUTATION
- WHAT IS A HUMAN?
- The Regret Minimization Framework in Photography and Life
- How to Be a HERO
- Conquer Your Fears by Making Fear Your Slave
- Rule Circumstances; Don’t Let Your Circumstances Rule You
- How to Love Yourself
- How to Turn Shit into Gold
- Your Parents Fuck You Up
- What Kills You Makes You Stronger
- How to Be Patient
- How to Conquer Anger
- How to Bounce Back in Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Nothing Unlimited is Good; Nothing Good is Unlimited
- You Have No Limits
- Can 1’s and 0’s Hurt You?
- The Envious Moment is Flying Now
- Tomorrow We’ll Sail the Wide Seas Again
- How to Forgive Others
- Focus on Your Actions, Not the Results
- Everything Will Be Alright
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Be a Spartan Photographer
- How to Overcome Your Fears in Life
- How to Stop Worrying in Life
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- 3 Stoic Techniques that Can Help You Gain Tranquility
- Can People Weaker than You Hurt You?
- Does a Doctor Get Angry at a Crazy Patient?
- Own Nothing
The Stoic Masters
Learn from the master stoics: