What we must think about deeply:
What is it that we really want from our photography?
1. Creative outlet?
The first thought:
Our innate desire to create.
As a photographer, you’re a creator. And what happens when we no longer create (creative impotence)
Depression, frustration at life.
Thus we can also think about photography as a way to conquer depression.
2. Social connection
Also a big thing:
If you meet up other photographers (in real life) or online … you are part of a photography community.
Photography is social. One of the big reasons I love to teach workshops is bringing together like-minded individuals. For me, I love the idea of meeting other strettogs in real life, and being able to share the passion of life, connection and art.
3. The joy of open world exploration
What is the secret behind street photography motivation?
Exploration, adventure, and ‘questing’.
If you think about it, when you shoot street photography you are questing. Questing for people, places, and novelty.
The worst world is a closed one, and a static one. We love embodied reality because it is the ultimate open world exploration.
In modern life, it seems travel is the answer. But what we really want is exploration. Visual exploration.
4. We crave motivation?
Another big thing:
I think we want more inspiration and motivation when it comes to photography.
We want to get more motivated to shoot photos. But… we don’t have the motivation.
What is the best way to re-spark your motivation for photography? Simple:
- Go to a new or foreign place (with your camera)
- Walk around the block (with your camera)
- Go out to social places (the mall, restaurant, bar, coffee shop, etc)
You must FIRST GO somewhere, THEN you will become motivated to make photos!
Nobody stands at home and is suddenly motivated to make photos. You first must GO SOMEWHERE, then the photos will happen naturally.
5. A more exciting, prosperous future
Inherent in how you approach photography is how you think about the world philosophically.
For example, futurism is good insofar much as it is looking for a more optimistic and better future. Perhaps our photography should be the same?
See the best photos as AHEAD of you, instead of behind you.
EMBARK ON AN EPIC ERIC KIM EXPERIENCE
Pave your own epic photo future.
HAPTIC creativity company:
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources
- FREE: CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE
- HENRI WRIST STRAP (CREMA BROWN) // the OG
- ERIC KIM WRIST STRAP MARK II: For the RICOHMAFIA in you.
- ERIC KIM WALLET: Never leave home without.
- HENRI WRIST STRAP (PRO): For the pros
- ERIC KIM NECK STRAP (MARK II): Never miss another decisive moment.
What is on my mind
- Thinking more about blockchain and photography innovations. Reading more on Ethereum
- Enjoying the new WP ASTRA theme, updating my blog design.
- Enjoying the new Apple TV+ Foundation series and thinking about expanding my mind.
- Re-reading the ILIAD .epub on my iPhone
- Thinking more about photography innovations (new innovative ways to share your photos, like combining photos and videos).
- Full stack stimuli: What new types of stimuli are good for us?
Why do you shoot photos? Ask WHY APP?
If this motivated you, feel free to share with a photography friend!