As our best friend Steve Jobs once said:
To make something simple is insanely complex.
For example, why is Apple so great? Their products are simple. Everything is beaten to the rawest form and functionality (beaten with a ‘simple stick’).
Why is simple best?
Simplicity is best because it allows us to worry less about what ain’t important, in order to augment our ability to do more of what we care for.
For example, when it comes to bluetooth headphones, Apple AirPods are the best. They just sync. Everything else you gotta fiddle around with. If you want to quickly listen to music in something ‘that just works’, AirPods cannot be beaten.
Simple compositions, shapes and forms
As a visual artist, I’m most fascinated by simplicity in shapes, forms and compositions. Franz Kline, calligraphy and much of the Zen-Taoist art is sublime to me.
What is my goal?
To distill composition, shape and form into the most simple form possible, but still retaining its elegance and beauty.
My endless fascination with photography:
How can I make the most simple yet most interesting and beautiful composition?
To continually balance the line between ‘too simple’ and beautiful — this is my goal.
- AESTHETICS OVER FUNCTION
- The Desire to Banish Ugliness from Our Eyes
- Aesthetics Above All
- Simple is Sexy
- Towards a Philosophy of Aesthetics in Photography
- The Philosophy of Aesthetics
- ALL KILLER, NO FILLER.
- The Most Compact and High-Quality
- The Beauty of Imperfection
- The More Obscure and Unclear, the Better.
- Cultivate Your Own Taste
- Image Quality and Great Photos
- Imperfect Photos are More Beautiful
- Do you photograph the world better, the same, or worse than reality? #aesthetics
- Aesthetics are Ethics
- Beauty over Truth #philosophy #aesthetics
- Philosophy of Aesthetics and Beauty in Photography
- Aesthetics in Photography
- Aesthetics Strengthen, Simplify, and Focus
- Not better image quality; more beautiful aesthetics!
- Why Aesthetics?