Why is it that I can concentrate more when I am working at a coffee shop (with some stochastic resonance noise … aka small background noise), and why is it that I am also physiologically stronger at the gym surrounded by others (I gain more strength when I am weight lifting at the gym, instead of home).
Also — why am I more energized when I do an in-person (or virtual) online workout class versus doing it myself at home?
Perhaps the randomness and chaos of other humans, and other human interactions is what keeps us mentally sharp. Having to judge others, judge yourself, when surrounded by other humans is what helps us keep in peak shape?
- How to Live Bravely in Today’s Brave New World and Society
- Is Humanity on the Decline?
- Social Innovations
- Society *Shouldn’t* Be Fair
- Why Society Doesn’t Want Free Thinkers and Free Livers
- Our New Soft Society
- HARD SOCIETY
- TOLERANCE AND INTOLERANCE
- POST-MONETARY SOCIETY.
- Simulated Universal Basic Income
- DIGITAL CAPITALISM
- Capitalism 2.0
- SOCIETY 2.0