Something interesting I got when reading Juvenal’s “Satires”:
“Humanity has been on the decline, even since Homer’s time!”
And thinking about today’s brave new world, and today’s modern world-society I can also say:
Yes, society is on the decline. Humanity is on the decline.
1. Lack of critical inquiry
We still get easily suckered! It is insane that in today’s 2020 (yes we live in the year two thousand and twenty) we still get suckered by:
- Confirmation bias
- Cherry picking fallacy
- Too much trust in the news
- Misunderstanding of the human body, human physiology and this charade of ‘calories’.
2. Animal ‘rights’ as *equivalent* to “human rights”?
Any ounce of effort we spend towards animal welfare is a distraction from improving human welfare (a quadrillion times more important).
3. Computer intelligence (AI, artificial intelligence and machine learning) over human intelligence?
The ultimate intelligence is wisdom … but why doesn’t wisdom get taught in our schools anymore? Or why is wisdom not mentioned at all anymore? And now the average person cannot think *without* a computer or smartphone. And also due to the sneaky way that Google has infiltrated our lives, we can no longer think and reflect and meditate on a question before we quickly ‘Google it’ to get the answer.
Also a thing:
Be highly suspicious of Google results … Google AdSense backed websites and blogs should not be trusted, and are often highly dubious.
- Social Innovations
- Society *Shouldn’t* Be Fair
- Why Society Doesn’t Want Free Thinkers and Free Livers
- Our New Soft Society
- HARD SOCIETY
- TOLERANCE AND INTOLERANCE
- POST-MONETARY SOCIETY.
- Simulated Universal Basic Income
- DIGITAL CAPITALISM
- Capitalism 2.0
- SOCIETY 2.0
Photography and Sociology
- Street Photography Sociology
- Visual Sociology through Street Photography
- How You Can Apply Sociology to Your Street Photography Projects
- 10 Things Sociology Has Taught Me About Street Photography