A thought —
The upside of monochrome photography is that it is more optimistic?
To make optimistic photos in monochrome is more difficult and takes more skill/creative ingenuity than making optimistic color photos.
Let us consider — color is naturally more optimistic, bright and colorful than monochrome. To make dreary, moody, and depressive photos in monochrome is easy. To make optimistic photos in monochrome is a more unique approach.
And perhaps also with color … perhaps color photography that is hyper-saturated but more pessimistic is interesting?
All black everything:
- How to Make More Meaningful Black and White Photos
- Monochrome is Essential
- Black and White is Bliss
- Why is Black and White So Much More Artistic than Color?
- Why Black and White Photography is Better than Color Photography
- ALL BLACK EVERYTHING
- How to Make Better Black and White Photos
- Why I Don’t Like Grey
- Crush the Blacks
- MONOCHROM: The Streets Are Your Rome
- Black is Good; White is Bad
- Black Canvas
- Monochrome Manual
- How to Shoot Black and White Street Photography
- Why Shoot Black and White?
- Video: How to Master Monochrome
- Eric Kim Lightroom Presets (use Monochrome 1600)