With black and white, you gotta use your brain and imagination to ‘fill in the gaps’.
Color makes it too obvious what you are looking at. With monochrome, it is more mysterious.
Perhaps then to make more artistic photos, make it more abstract?
Art photography is about abstracting reality
All black everything:
- Why Black and White Photography is Better than Color Photography
- ALL BLACK EVERYTHING
- How to Make Better Black and White Photos
- Why I Don’t Like Grey
- Crush the Blacks
- MONOCHROM: The Streets Are Your Rome
- Black is Good; White is Bad
- Black Canvas
- Monochrome Manual
- How to Shoot Black and White Street Photography
- Why Shoot Black and White?
- Video: How to Master Monochrome
- Eric Kim Lightroom Presets (use Monochrome 1600)