Some of my favorite black and white photos, with some of my beats (made in Garageband):
Download some beats here:
First of all, get eye contact, or show an eye in the photograph.
There is something human about being drawn to eyes.
2.Textures and patterns
Photograph textures, patterns, and repetitions.
Photograph man-made things, natural things, architecture, etc.
3.Light it up!
Generally speaking in black and white photography:
Using a flash will (often) make the photograph more interesting.
Photos are more interesting when the subject is obscured.
Shoot photos while you’re moving. Don’t worry too much whether the photos will be sharp or in-focus.
Often the ‘beautiful mistakes’ are what make interesting photos!
Too much intentionality is anti-art.
All black everything:
- Why I Don’t Like Grey
- Crush the Blacks
- MONOCHROM: The Streets Are Your Rome
- Black is Good; White is Bad
- Black Canvas
- Monochrome Manual
- How to Shoot Black and White Street Photography
- Why Shoot Black and White?
- Video: How to Master Monochrome
- Eric Kim Lightroom Presets (use Monochrome 1600)
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.