Flash street photography is fun because it makes interesting images, dynamic compositions, is challenging
Transform your world
Add more vibrancy, color, and vigor to your work
Reality looks different with a flash
- Perhaps with cameras and street photography, we should optimize our setup to make shooting with a flash as easy as possible. Thus when in doubt, optimize your camera to be used with a flash. For example the integrated flash on RICOH GR II, or even the convenient pop-up flash on the Fujifilm XT-series camera.
- Don’t be interested in cameras which using a flash is difficult, or isn’t integrated.
- On a side note, using a flash with a Leica M rangefinder is a ton of fun. Most of my most meaningful photos I shot on a Leica M9 or film Leica MP were shot with a flash.
Take your street photography to the next level:
- August 27 (Friday): SEATTLE MASTER STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP - [NOW LIVE!]
- September 11 (Saturday): DOWNTOWN LA ADVANCED STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP - [NEW!]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.