I talk a lot about how to make more photos and art. But a philosophical question: why make more photos?
First of all, make photos for yourself, because it allows you to live happier, with more joy, excitement, and epicness! Treat your own life like an epic (adventures of Gilgamesh, The Iliad, the Odyssey).
Secondly, your photos have the opportunity to inspire, motivate and uplift the souls of others. My personal philosophy is this: If my 1 photo can inspire, motivate, or uplift the heart of 1 other human being on planet Earth, it is worth sharing!
Third, your photography has the opportunity to change the world for the better. For example, photojournalists uncover injustice all the time through their photos, and often put their life on the line. Art photographers create artwork photos that inspire others, and evoke a sense of awe and beauty in the spectator. Us street photographers have the power to help others better appreciate the joy of everyday life, and for us to be more confident and brave with interacting with strangers and others.
Fourth, I think once you have all your basic human needs met (don’t starve to death, don’t die of thirst, don’t die of the cold), the ultimate form of using human time, energy, power, resources, and metabolism is to make art! And yes, photographs are art.
So the ultimate and simple takeaway point is this:
Make more photos, to empower yourself and others.
NEVER STOP SHOOTING!
Photography Philosophy 101
Personal Photography Philosophy
Why do you make photos? Reflect in PHOTO JOURNAL:
- The Unexamined Life Isn’t Worth Photographing
- Do You Like Looking at Your Own Photos?
- Life-Affirming Photography
- NEVER STOP EVOLVING!
- HYPER PHOTOGRAPHY
- The Soul of the Photographer
- The Photographer as a Vessel
- How to Think Outside the Frame
- Photography is the Elixir of Life
- Why You Must Photograph
- How to See as a Photographer
- How to Delete Your Pictures
- Your Camera is a Blessing
- Reality vs. Perception in Photography
- What’s Your Final Aim in Photography?
- If We Delete Our Pictures, Do We Delete Ourselves?
- There is No Truth in Photography; All is Allowed
- MEMENTO MORI PHOTOGRAPHY
- YOU ARE A PHOTO GOD.
- How to Gain More Control, Freedom, and Happiness in Your Photography
- The Will to Shoot
- The Art of Constantly BECOMING
- The Frame
- How to Increase Your Visual Perception
- Could an AI Shoot the Same Photo as You?
- A Photographer’s Guide to Seeing
- THE LESS REAL YOUR PHOTOS, THE BETTER.
- Photography as Experience
- SHOOT YOU.
- MAKE PICTURES, NOT PHOTOGRAPHS
- Why You Should Ignore Photography and Art Critics
- Do You Live to Photograph, or Photograph to Live?
- Living a Good Life is More Important Than Photography
- How to Start Fresh in Your Photography