Another key to success: DO AND GROW RICH.
You cannot make money without doing.
Action is the key to success.
Things I do in terms of “marketing” to (eventually) make money:
- Publish blog posts.
- Publish YouTube videos.
- Publish books.
How I make money in photography:
- Teaching workshops / curating photography experiences (80% income)
- Selling HAPTIC products like STRAPS, BOOKS, PRINTS (made by CINDY), (20% Income)
Value is created through motion.
When I write on this iPad for a blog post, I’m just moving my fingers and touching a glass screen.
When I teach a workshop, I’m moving my mouth, hands, and legs.
When Cindy makes a product, she collaborates with artisans, moving her fingers on her laptop or phone, and eventually using her hands to package, quality check, and ship the products.
All “value” is created through movement.
You want to dream big and think big. But thinking by itself (without action) is useless.
I used to be a self help junkie. But now I just read philosophy. Nietzsche on his “Will to power” is a good motivator and source of ideas.
Essentially all “power” in life is from action, from DOING.
Key to success:
Be a DOER, not a “thinker.”
It is easy for anyone to come up with ideas. But to take risks, have skin in the game, put your reputation and money on the line, is what makes a real entrepreneur.
Think long term. Make lots of experiments.
If you made 10 mini experiments a day, won’t at least 1 of these mini experiments be good?
If in a week, you make 70 mini experiments, one will probably work.
Everyday, make small experiments in your business and life and art.
Don’t call it as a “failure”, call it an “experiment” and you will take more risks, and do more cool shit.
I’ve been doing small random experiments. Some examples:
- Photo cubism
- Tracing Picasso paintings
- Studying logo design
Whenever I study, and feel inspiration, I analyze, and publish. I do more.
So I ain’t just Nike with “JUST DO IT.”
Rather I believe,
The more you do, the more chances you have of success.
The more you publish to your blog, the more likely one will go viral.
The more times you swing the bat, the more likely you are to hit a home run.
The more people you ask on dates, the more likely one will say yes.
The more you shoot street photography, the more likely you are to get a “keeper” photo that makes you excited.
Treat life like a scientist, or a kid with chemicals. Fuck around, blow shit up, have fun.
Never stop tinkering and experiment.
NEVER STOP PLAYING,
If you want to make a living (or a killing) from photography, download:
KEYS TO SUCCESS
- Does Fear of Punishment Hold You Back?
- HOW TO GET MORE FOLLOWERS
- How to Innovate
- How to Build Your Own Empire
- YOU ARE ENTITLED TO HARD WORK.
- PICK YOURSELF.
- OWN YOUR PLATFORM
- 10 KEYS TO SUCCESS
Table of Contents
Learn how to make a living from your passion:
- Preface. BRAVE NEW WORLD OF PHOTOGRAPHY
- Chapter 1. How to Create Value
- Chapter 2. ZEN CAPITALISM
- Chapter 3. Scarcity
- Chapter 4. How to Brand Yourself
- Chapter 5. How to Build a True Following
- Chapter 6. The Blueprint to Success in Photography
- Chapter 7. HOW TO BE BOLD
- Chapter 8. How to Sell Out
- Chapter 9. GO AGAINST THE GRAIN
- Chapter 10. EXTREME ABUNDANCE
- Chapter 11. Photography Experience Economy
- Chapter 12. Why You Should Make Money for Your Photography
- Chapter 13. How to Become a Famous Photographer
Photography Business 101
How to Make Money with Photography
- How to Charge More Money in Your Photography
- Why You Should Not Pursue Photography as Career
- Can Photography Make You Rich?
- How I Earn $200,000+ a Year From Photography
- How to earn $10,000 a month as a photographer
- Why you must be an expensive photographer
Photography Marketing 101
- Why You Should Do Photography Work For Free
- How I Became an Internet Famous Photographer
- Photography Blogging Ideas
- Why You Should Promote Your Own Name
- How to Build a Following
- How to Stand Out as a Photographer.
- HOW TO GO VIRAL AS A PHOTOGRAPHER.
- How to Master Marketing
- How to Sell Yourself
How to Hustle.
- Entrepreneurial Advice to My 18 Year Old Self
- How to Become Insanely Productive.
- 5 Lessons From Hesiod on Hustling
- It is Better to Beg For Forgiveness Than Ask For Permission
- The Free Way to Become Rich
- JUST DO IT.
- 7 Steps: How to Make a Living From Your Passion
- How to Do What You Love for a Living
- How to Create an MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- How to Fail Big
- How to Invest in Yourself
- How to Be Bold in Photography and Life
- Mission: Cover Your Rent and Food
- 1,000 True Fans
- The “10x Principle”: The Only Difference Between “Success” and “Failure”
- Make More Value Not Money
- We Live in a Photo Utopia
How to be a Full-time Photographer
- How to Make a Living From Photography
- The 3 Principles of Making Money With Photography
- Advice for Aspiring Full-Time Photographers
- Don’t Go Into Debt For Your Photography
- How to Brand Yourself as a Photographer
- Trust: The Most Important Thing You Need to Succeed as a Photographer
- How to become rich from photography blogging
- How to Make a Living with Blogging
- 50 Blogging Tips For Beginners
- How to Start Your Own Photography Blog
- A Photographer’s Guide to SEO, Blogging, and Social Media
How to Teach Photography
- How to Become a Photography Teacher
- How to Teach a Street Photography Class
- Why I Teach Street Photography Workshops
- Why I Deleted My Instagram
- The Social Media Blackbook for Photographers
- Why Do You Need More Likes or Followers?
- Instagram is Going to Be the Next Facebook
- Don’t Trust “Free” Photography Social Networks
How to Save Money
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- STREET NOTES $ 19
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- The Film Shooter
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
MUSE by KIM
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
Street Photography Starter Kit
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)