Photography Entrepeneurship 101 by ERICKIM
1. Don’t be boring
2. Always have new stuff
3. No filter
ONE. Don’t be boring.
The world is boring. We all love a little controversy.
As humans, we scorn the ordinary. And common place. We love the outlandish and wild.
Bruce Gilden is famous because he is controversial, shooting close with a flash.
Kaiman Wong is famous, because he doesn’t censor himself. Kai is not boring.
I am famous because I say what is on my mind, and I don’t censor myself. They think I am controversial, just because I am a circle that doesn’t fit in the square pegs.
For me, controversy has helped me more than hurt me. I am a “mis-fit” (inspired by CINDY NGUYEN). I don’t fit into no societal mold. Folks try to put me into a mold, but I am like fuck that. Like Cindy told me,
Throw away the whole mold.
Two. Always have new stuff.
We love newness.
I love new Apple products. I get excited. I have something to look forward to.
I love new Nike shoes. I like new designs, innovations, and colors.
If you went to Reddit, and you saw no new news, articles, pictures, or content– would you be motivated to go back?
If you want more followers, you always need to stream new information, new content, new photos, and new videos.
Tip: Analyze who you follow. Why do you follow them?
Reasons I follow someone:
- Entertainment: They are funny.
- Information: The information they give is useful, empowering, or helpful.
- I want to emulate them: They are my role models. I feel if I follow them and consume their message, I can find their “secret to success.”
Three. No filter
Don’t filter yourself. If you don’t filter yourself and make yourself raw and naked, people will know you’re spitting the truth.
They might not like you, but at least you are honest and genuine.
For me, I have no respect for spineless folks with no skin in the game. No anonymous person on the internet has ever become grand.
You need to attach your real identity and name to your actions and words.
I follow folks who I find genuine, who don’t censor themselves. I love following Nassim Taleb because he curses on Twitter. I know if I met him in real life, he would be who I expect him to be.
If you meet ERICKIM in real life, I’m the same person. I curse, say politically incorrect stuff, but I’m raw and genuine. I don’t bullshit. But I don’t put others down. I motivate, uplift, and a forever optimist, with a hint of cynicism and doom and gloom.
But friend, to gain followers, share the good news, and say words that help others bloom.
Positivity: you can do it, what is it worth to me? If you care about yourself and your work enough, you will be able to help others and yourself endlessly.
PHOTOGRAPHY ENTREPRENEURSHIP 101 by ERIC KIM
If you want to make a living (or a killing) from photography, download:
KEYS TO SUCCESS
- How to Innovate
- How to Build Your Own Empire
- YOU ARE ENTITLED TO HARD WORK.
- PICK YOURSELF.
- OWN YOUR PLATFORM
- 10 KEYS TO SUCCESS
Table of Contents
Learn how to make a living from your passion:
- Preface. BRAVE NEW WORLD OF PHOTOGRAPHY
- Chapter 1. How to Create Value
- Chapter 2. ZEN CAPITALISM
- Chapter 3. Scarcity
- Chapter 4. How to Brand Yourself
- Chapter 5. How to Build a True Following
- Chapter 6. The Blueprint to Success in Photography
- Chapter 7. HOW TO BE BOLD
- Chapter 8. How to Sell Out
- Chapter 9. GO AGAINST THE GRAIN
- Chapter 10. EXTREME ABUNDANCE
- Chapter 11. Photography Experience Economy
- Chapter 12. Why You Should Make Money for Your Photography
- Chapter 13. How to Become a Famous Photographer
Photography Business 101
How to Make Money with Photography
- How to Charge More Money in Your Photography
- Why You Should Not Pursue Photography as Career
- Can Photography Make You Rich?
- How I Earn $200,000+ a Year From Photography
- How to earn $10,000 a month as a photographer
- Why you must be an expensive photographer
Photography Marketing 101
- Why You Should Do Photography Work For Free
- How I Became an Internet Famous Photographer
- Photography Blogging Ideas
- Why You Should Promote Your Own Name
- How to Build a Following
- How to Stand Out as a Photographer.
- HOW TO GO VIRAL AS A PHOTOGRAPHER.
- How to Master Marketing
- How to Sell Yourself
How to Hustle.
- Entrepreneurial Advice to My 18 Year Old Self
- How to Become Insanely Productive.
- 5 Lessons From Hesiod on Hustling
- It is Better to Beg For Forgiveness Than Ask For Permission
- The Free Way to Become Rich
- JUST DO IT.
- 7 Steps: How to Make a Living From Your Passion
- How to Do What You Love for a Living
- How to Create an MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- How to Fail Big
- How to Invest in Yourself
- How to Be Bold in Photography and Life
- Mission: Cover Your Rent and Food
- 1,000 True Fans
- The “10x Principle”: The Only Difference Between “Success” and “Failure”
- Make More Value Not Money
- We Live in a Photo Utopia
How to be a Full-time Photographer
- How to Make a Living From Photography
- The 3 Principles of Making Money With Photography
- Advice for Aspiring Full-Time Photographers
- Don’t Go Into Debt For Your Photography
- How to Brand Yourself as a Photographer
- Trust: The Most Important Thing You Need to Succeed as a Photographer
- How to become rich from photography blogging
- How to Make a Living with Blogging
- 50 Blogging Tips For Beginners
- How to Start Your Own Photography Blog
- A Photographer’s Guide to SEO, Blogging, and Social Media
How to Teach Photography
- How to Become a Photography Teacher
- How to Teach a Street Photography Class
- Why I Teach Street Photography Workshops
- Why I Deleted My Instagram
- The Social Media Blackbook for Photographers
- Why Do You Need More Likes or Followers?
- Instagram is Going to Be the Next Facebook
- Don’t Trust “Free” Photography Social Networks