The best empire to rule is an empire over yourself. – Publilius Syrus
Build an empire of yourself.
Ok, building an empire ain’t about colonizing others, and stripping away others from their abilities.
Invest in Yourself.
Whenever you upload something to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat– you’re helping them build their empire.
Rather, invest in yourself.
You build your own website or blog. Bluehost.com and WordPress.org. Own your own server, and your own domain. You can afford $10 a month, can’t you? 1and1.comm charges only $8 a month.
Don’t be a social media slave
Consider: do you want to build your Instagram following for 10 years? Let’s say one day you have 100,000 followers. Now, if you want more of your posts to reach your audience, you gotta pay Facebook $20 each post to “boost” your images to reach even 10% of your audience.
For me, I have close to 100,000 Fans on Facebook. Whenever I post something, I only reach 3% of my audience. If I post something to this site, everyone will see it.
Just don’t get fired.
If you want to build your own empire, you gotta first not be a slave.
Don’t be a slave to social media. Don’t be a slave to your job.
If you have a 9-5 job, my recommendation:
Do the minimum amount of work necessary not to get fired.
Collect your salary, but don’t become a slave to it. Build up your empire on the side. That is what I did.
Why build an empire?
First of all, owning your own self and your own empire is to have freedom.
Freedom over your life. Freedom to do what you wanna do, and what you don’t wanna do.
Lots of people think being rich is the key to happiness. Wrong. The key to happiness is freedom.
Having some money helps you buy your freedom. If you have enough money to pay rent, food, water, and coffee, you have enough. Now, I feel rich because I make enough to support my basics, and I don’t stress about finances. I currently make over $200,000 a year, but I’m “poor” compared to my friends making $10 a million from hedge funds.
But I’m rich, because I make more money than I spend, and I don’t “need” or desire more.
- Make your own photo blog via bluehost.com and WordPress.org.
- Don’t upload any photos to social media (Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Tumblr, Flickr) for a month. Upload one photo a day (for a month) to your own photo blog, and share a link to your blog to social media.
- Build up your own brand name. Put your first and last name over everything.
Of course, don’t listen to me. I’m only suggesting tips and advice that I personally do. It probably won’t work for you,
But what if it can?
If you want to make a living (or a killing) from photography, download:
KEYS TO SUCCESS
Table of Contents
Learn how to make a living from your passion:
- Preface. BRAVE NEW WORLD OF PHOTOGRAPHY
- Chapter 1. How to Create Value
- Chapter 2. ZEN CAPITALISM
- Chapter 3. Scarcity
- Chapter 4. How to Brand Yourself
- Chapter 5. How to Build a True Following
- Chapter 6. The Blueprint to Success in Photography
- Chapter 7. HOW TO BE BOLD
- Chapter 8. How to Sell Out
- Chapter 9. GO AGAINST THE GRAIN
- Chapter 10. EXTREME ABUNDANCE
- Chapter 11. Photography Experience Economy
- Chapter 12. Why You Should Make Money for Your Photography
- Chapter 13. How to Become a Famous Photographer
Photography Business 101
How to Make Money with Photography
- How to Charge More Money in Your Photography
- Why You Should Not Pursue Photography as Career
- Can Photography Make You Rich?
- How I Earn $200,000+ a Year From Photography
- How to earn $10,000 a month as a photographer
- Why you must be an expensive photographer
Photography Marketing 101
- Why You Should Do Photography Work For Free
- How I Became an Internet Famous Photographer
- Photography Blogging Ideas
- Why You Should Promote Your Own Name
- How to Build a Following
- How to Stand Out as a Photographer.
- HOW TO GO VIRAL AS A PHOTOGRAPHER.
- How to Master Marketing
- How to Sell Yourself
How to Hustle.
- Entrepreneurial Advice to My 18 Year Old Self
- How to Become Insanely Productive.
- 5 Lessons From Hesiod on Hustling
- It is Better to Beg For Forgiveness Than Ask For Permission
- The Free Way to Become Rich
- JUST DO IT.
- 7 Steps: How to Make a Living From Your Passion
- How to Do What You Love for a Living
- How to Create an MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- How to Fail Big
- How to Invest in Yourself
- How to Be Bold in Photography and Life
- Mission: Cover Your Rent and Food
- 1,000 True Fans
- The “10x Principle”: The Only Difference Between “Success” and “Failure”
- Make More Value Not Money
- We Live in a Photo Utopia
How to be a Full-time Photographer
- How to Make a Living From Photography
- The 3 Principles of Making Money With Photography
- Advice for Aspiring Full-Time Photographers
- Don’t Go Into Debt For Your Photography
- How to Brand Yourself as a Photographer
- Trust: The Most Important Thing You Need to Succeed as a Photographer
- How to become rich from photography blogging
- How to Make a Living with Blogging
- 50 Blogging Tips For Beginners
- How to Start Your Own Photography Blog
- A Photographer’s Guide to SEO, Blogging, and Social Media
How to Teach Photography
- How to Become a Photography Teacher
- How to Teach a Street Photography Class
- Why I Teach Street Photography Workshops
- Why I Deleted My Instagram
- The Social Media Blackbook for Photographers
- Why Do You Need More Likes or Followers?
- Instagram is Going to Be the Next Facebook
- Don’t Trust “Free” Photography Social Networks