PHOTOGRAPHY ENTREPRENEURSHIP 101
I had a thought: we are entitled to nothing in life, except having the privilege of hard work and hustle.
To start, we are all given the privilege of life. We were put earth, not by our choice. But we’re alive, and being alive fucking rocks.
The joy to enjoy a nice meal. The joy of walking and looking at trees. The privilege of going to a hipster coffee shop, and enjoying a lovely bright espresso, with bronze accents around.
Photography to me is playing. Of appreciation. The joy of being alive.
Work is the same. To me, I only show my value or self worth through the work I do. Not by the stuff I own. Or what I wear. Or my tools, car, or home.
We’re told that we should not put our ego in our work. I disagree.
The good thing about your work: you can choose your work.
You’re not just playing the cards you’ve been dealt in life. Rather, you force the card dealer to re shuffle the deck. Or, you can just bluff with your hand, and win the whole pot.
For me, my life is all about control. Control over my daily schedule, my food, my attention, time, and who I love. I refuse to do shit I don’t wanna do, besides my taxes.
I don’t wanna control nobody else. Too much stress. And I don’t need no more money. Just enough money to pay rent, pay coffee, and food.
That’s ultimate creative freedom.
Four. Hustling is fun.
To me, it is fun to create. I only work on stuff that is fun for me.
Of course, not all of us have that privilege. But we do have the privilege of what to do in our free time.
For example, after work (let’s say 8pm-11pm) you have a good 3 hours to do whatever you want.
I’d recommend using that time to create.
Ok ok, I know you’re tired as shit from work and you deserve a break. I get it.
But honestly, life is fucking cruel. Life doesn’t care.
If your joy is in creating and making art, work hard, even when you’re tired. Maybe have a single shot of espresso to power up.
Some ideas on how you can use your (little) free time to hustle, and follow your passion:
- Make digital illustrations: iPad and Procreate tool. Photoshop or Illustrator on your laptop. I taught Cindy how to make a photo cutaway in 20 minutes in Photoshop. Of course she worked on it for 3 hours, but don’t feel intimidated with learning a new tool. Just learn on YouTube.
- Choose your best photos and publish them: you might not have time in the evening to make photos. But you can edit your portfolio.
- Make your own photography website: 1and1.com and WordPress.org. Or bluehost.com. Make it and pay like $10 a month. It’s worth it. Publish your words, thoughts, ideas, videos, and photos to your own website. You will feel more in control of your creative life.
Lastly, know that the harder you work, the more “lucky” you will get in life.
The harder you work, the happier you will be, because you will end up having more freedom and control over your life.
PHOTOGRAPHY ENTREPRENEURSHIP 101
If you want to make a living (or a killing) from photography, download:
KEYS TO SUCCESS
Table of Contents
Learn how to make a living from your passion:
- Preface. BRAVE NEW WORLD OF PHOTOGRAPHY
- Chapter 1. How to Create Value
- Chapter 2. ZEN CAPITALISM
- Chapter 3. Scarcity
- Chapter 4. How to Brand Yourself
- Chapter 5. How to Build a True Following
- Chapter 6. The Blueprint to Success in Photography
- Chapter 7. HOW TO BE BOLD
- Chapter 8. How to Sell Out
- Chapter 9. GO AGAINST THE GRAIN
- Chapter 10. EXTREME ABUNDANCE
- Chapter 11. Photography Experience Economy
- Chapter 12. Why You Should Make Money for Your Photography
- Chapter 13. How to Become a Famous Photographer
Photography Business 101
How to Make Money with Photography
- How to Charge More Money in Your Photography
- Why You Should Not Pursue Photography as Career
- Can Photography Make You Rich?
- How I Earn $200,000+ a Year From Photography
- How to earn $10,000 a month as a photographer
- Why you must be an expensive photographer
Photography Marketing 101
- Why You Should Do Photography Work For Free
- How I Became an Internet Famous Photographer
- Photography Blogging Ideas
- Why You Should Promote Your Own Name
- How to Build a Following
- How to Stand Out as a Photographer.
- HOW TO GO VIRAL AS A PHOTOGRAPHER.
- How to Master Marketing
- How to Sell Yourself
How to Hustle.
- Entrepreneurial Advice to My 18 Year Old Self
- How to Become Insanely Productive.
- 5 Lessons From Hesiod on Hustling
- It is Better to Beg For Forgiveness Than Ask For Permission
- The Free Way to Become Rich
- JUST DO IT.
- 7 Steps: How to Make a Living From Your Passion
- How to Do What You Love for a Living
- How to Create an MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- How to Fail Big
- How to Invest in Yourself
- How to Be Bold in Photography and Life
- Mission: Cover Your Rent and Food
- 1,000 True Fans
- The “10x Principle”: The Only Difference Between “Success” and “Failure”
- Make More Value Not Money
- We Live in a Photo Utopia
How to be a Full-time Photographer
- How to Make a Living From Photography
- The 3 Principles of Making Money With Photography
- Advice for Aspiring Full-Time Photographers
- Don’t Go Into Debt For Your Photography
- How to Brand Yourself as a Photographer
- Trust: The Most Important Thing You Need to Succeed as a Photographer
- How to become rich from photography blogging
- How to Make a Living with Blogging
- 50 Blogging Tips For Beginners
- How to Start Your Own Photography Blog
- A Photographer’s Guide to SEO, Blogging, and Social Media
How to Teach Photography
- How to Become a Photography Teacher
- How to Teach a Street Photography Class
- Why I Teach Street Photography Workshops
- Why I Deleted My Instagram
- The Social Media Blackbook for Photographers
- Why Do You Need More Likes or Followers?
- Instagram is Going to Be the Next Facebook
- Don’t Trust “Free” Photography Social Networks