Color photography is great. Why? Let me share:
NEW CHROMA PRESETS
I love color photography because it’s stimulating to me! I like looking at my own color photos, because the colors are so juicy and delightful to me!
2. Sunsets look more epic
You can make beautiful monochrome sunset photos, but the light comes out so much nicer in color, especially when you shoot in RAW, and increase the contrast and saturation afterwards.
Shooting with a flash in color can truly bring out some epic details in your photos, like the eye makeup of this woman in Kyoto.
I like color photography because I feel like a painter. I see colors which please my eye, and I just shoot those colors. It’s colors for the sake of colors!
5. Food looks more delicious in color
Shoot your food, and use a flash!
6. Fun for abstract photos
I like monochrome abstract photos. Also shoot abstract color photos, another fun challenge!
7. Minimalist color compositions
Experimenting with minimalist color pictures, like Piet Mondrian.
8. Red is the color of passion
My favorite color is red. The color of blood, passion, danger, and vigor!
9. You can shoot color for the sake of it
If you don’t see any interesting subject matter to photograph, just shoot interest colors!
10. Cultivate your own color aesthetics
Process or shoot color in a way which pleases you. Create your own color aesthetic, and have fun :)
Never stop shooting,
Color Photography 101
Learn to paint with your camera:
- 10 Reasons Why I Love Color Photography
- How to Shoot Better Color Photos
- Why I Love Color Film Photography
- Color Theory For Photographers
- How to Make Better Color Photographs
- COLORS by ERIC KIM
- Color Manual
- How to Shoot Color Street Photography
- Street Photography Composition Lesson #12: Color Theory