Your ceiling has no limits. Why do you hold yourself back?
1. You have no ceilings.
First of all, know that you have no glass ceiling.
Visualize: Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory breaking through the glass ceiling elevator.
If you think you have a limit or a ceiling, you will always down-talk yourself, and make up excuses why you cannot do something.
2. Assume you can do anything
Secondly, assume you can do anything. This is how my friend Chris Dillow thinks, and he is a genius. He 3d prints his own stuff, he taught himself programming, he runs the innovation lab of a big company, is a huge coffee geek (like me), film photography buff (develops and scans himself), and is essentially a modern-day renaissance man.
3. Strap on your jetpack
To reach the stars, it helps to have a jetpack.
Jetpack for me is coffee. Jet fuel. Black espresso, no cream or sugar.
When I drink coffee (no breakfast or lunch), I am stimulated to reach to the next level.
Also when I need a boost of energy, I will do some chin-ups (whatever pole I can find), sit-ups, crunches, yoga, stretches, or any sort of physical exertion that can pump me up with some blood in my veins.
4. Ruthlessly prune nay-sayers from your life
If anyone says ‘nay’ to your ideas, just look away.
Life is short. Why waste any of your precious energy on folks who drain or suck away your energy?
If your life is an iPhone, and you only start life with 100% charge– who will you not waste your battery (life) on?
In life, we have adware, spyware, and viruses.
Logically, we install ‘virus-blockers’ and ‘anti-virus’ software.
Viruses: Negative people, leeches, or folks trying to steal your personal information.
For me, the ultimate virus in my life was my dad. I had to cut him from my life, so he wouldn’t infect me or my family/loved ones.
Who are the viruses in your life, and how can you setup road-blocks, or virus-protection to remove them from your life?
Viruses slow you down. Also, every IT expert knows the way to speed up your computer: uninstall ‘bloat-ware.’
5. Empower yourself
Empower yourself with music, literature, and philosophy that empowers you. If you listen to a music album, and it compels you into ACTION— that is good music. For me, JAY Z has taught me hustle, KANYE taught me to overcome my fears, and KENDRICK LAMAR has taught me social justice.
SENECA taught me to fuck fear. Marcus Aurelius taught me benevolence. Diogenes taught me to just laugh at all the Alexanders in the world– and to ‘deface the currency’ (not to care too much about money).
NIETZSCHE taught me the ‘will to power’ — to not make excuses, and to seek to empower others (and myself).
So simple suggestion:
Stop consuming media which de-powers you.
If I watch this show, read this book, or listen to this album — do I feel empowered, or depressed?
Sky is the limit. You got your jetpack, and golden wings.
What is holding you back? Cannot or will not?
For inspiration, learn from these contemporary titans:
- Buckminster Fuller
- Frank Lloyd Wright
- Mark Cuban
- Dr. Dre
- Pablo Picasso
- Steve Jobs
- Elon Musk
- Kanye West
- Jeff Bezos
- Jiro Ono
- Tony Robbins
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- How to Be Optimistic
- Why I Don’t Take My Anger Seriously
- HOW TO BECOME MORE POWERFUL
- HOW TO BECOME SUPERHUMAN
- How to Give a Fuck Less
- ALL IN.
- Why I Cut My Dad Out of My Life.
- Your iPhone Only Has 5% Battery Left.
- How not to give a FUCK about your REPUTATION
- WHAT IS A HUMAN?
- The Regret Minimization Framework in Photography and Life
- How to Be a HERO
- Conquer Your Fears by Making Fear Your Slave
- Rule Circumstances; Don’t Let Your Circumstances Rule You
- How to Love Yourself
- How to Turn Shit into Gold
- Your Parents Fuck You Up
- What Kills You Makes You Stronger
- How to Be Patient
- How to Conquer Anger
- How to Bounce Back in Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Nothing Unlimited is Good; Nothing Good is Unlimited
- You Have No Limits
- Can 1’s and 0’s Hurt You?
- The Envious Moment is Flying Now
- Tomorrow We’ll Sail the Wide Seas Again
- How to Forgive Others
- Focus on Your Actions, Not the Results
- Everything Will Be Alright
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Be a Spartan Photographer
- How to Overcome Your Fears in Life
- How to Stop Worrying in Life
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- 3 Stoic Techniques that Can Help You Gain Tranquility
- Can People Weaker than You Hurt You?
- Does a Doctor Get Angry at a Crazy Patient?
- Own Nothing
The Stoic Masters
Learn from the master stoics: