A poem inspired by my upcoming KYOTO ZEN PHOTOGRAPHY EXPERIENCE
YOU ARE A STREET SAMURAI, and your camera is your sword.
Slice through the bullshit and strife of everyday life,
Soar to the heavens, golden kite.
Smite the haters with your handle
Stay strong on your photo mantle.
You are not the same as others,
You shoot the streets like a child, full of excitement and wonder.
I wonder, why do you make photos?
Well for me, I know there is a lot to visually know though,
My life is short. Life moves fast.
I’m going to keep downloading images to my mind,
Like Ulysses, I tie myself to the mast.
I wasn’t very smart in school,
And I was seen as a fool.
But when I got a camera, it was my new creative tool.
Whatever I found was cool,
I just shot it,
And to make better photos
I just subtracted what I lacked.
To me, street photography zen is black and white,
It’s just my personal Zeitgeist, you gotta follow yours.
Avoid tours, follow your own path,
Have fun on the streets, have a blast.
Street photography samurai Bushido Blade,
Whatever self-doubts you have,
Know they have been slayed.
Conquer your fears and meet new peers:
- Sept 9-10: Kyoto Zen Photo Experience – New
- Sept 13-17: Tokyo Street Photography Experience – Sold Out
- Oct 4-5: NYC – Conquer Your Fears
- Oct 7-8: NYC – Discover Your Unique Voice – Sold Out
ERIC KIM NEWSLETTER
Join the power-circle:
Less is better:
- Zen Photography
- Walking Meditation in Street Photography
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- The Less You Have, the More You Have
- Prune Excess
- Prune in Order to Grow
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- The 7 Aesthetics of Zen Art For Photographers
- 15 (More) Lessons Taoism Has Taught Me About Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
- How to Find Zen in Street Photography
- Why Less is More in Street Photography (and Life)
- Why You Should Shoot with One Camera and One Lens
- 5 Essentialist Tips in Street Photography
- 10 Principles of Good Street Photography
- Deep Focus
- Follow Your Intuition
- Less, But Better
- Seek Emptiness
- Wonderment & Awe