HAPTIC makes creative tools to empower visual artists. From educational tools, art platforms, to camera equipment, HAPTIC is driven by a spirit of experimentation and creative collaboration. We are a majority women led, family operated industry, and have great pride in everything we make.
What is HAPTIC?
HAPTIC means ‘relating to the sense of touch and proprioception.’ HAPTIC honors the meaning of ‘touch’ by making artistic tools, educational resources, and collaborative platforms. HAPTIC also inspires the making of art that touches others and uplifts our spirits.
1. Creative playground for poetically subversive artists and their work. Featuring
- Eric Kim: City of Angels, Dark Skies over Tokyo, Laughing Lady
- Annette Kim: Vitruvian Camera, Shoot Film, Memento Mori
- Sean Lotman, Takashi Nakagawa, Cindy Nguyen
2. Publisher of empowering educational materials. Freshly pressed are Creative Every Day & Masters. Locally printed in small batches and personally shipped from California. All purchases help to support open source education on the blog.
Creative Every Day is your artistic toolkit with philosophical and practical tools to learn to photograph, draw, write and express your creative spirit.
Also, we are venturing into mobile technologies, like STREET NOTES MOBILE & KINDLE EDITION — for you to always have inspiration with you.
- Experiments in small limited edition, hand crafted tools
We believe in disrupting the production market for photography, art, and creative tools. We are transparent about the labor practices behind HAPTIC because we are proud and love everything we make. We are not anonymous. Our products are a story. HAPTIC products are printed, prepared, shipped from California with creative collaborators from Saigon.
Who is Haptic?
Haptic is the brainchild of Director Cindy Nguyen.
“My dream is to build a community of playing, making, and sharing. I do not know what to call this, but for the time being let’s say it’s an experimental playground. Not quite a collective, gallery, or industry, but just a space to “fux wit it.” Come and leave as you please. Make this your own space.” – Cindy Nguyen
Each of our art, products, and platforms is a labor of love. Many hours, work, money, and thought go into each piece of HAPTIC. We are a collaboration and expression of our families, friends, artists, and the community here. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for your love and support.
HAPTIC Videos by Cindy Nguyen
- Haptic Industries Mission Statement
- Haptic the Place to Be
- On Haptic by Eric Kim
- Introducing Haptic (August 2016)
Follow updates from Haptic Industries on Instagram: @hapticindustries
For questions, contact Cindy at email@example.com