HAPTIC INDUSTRIES: a win for you and me.
HAPTIC INDUSTRIES: creative tools to take you to the next level,
HAPTIC INDUSTRIES: dance in the streets with visual bass and treble.
HAPTIC INDUSTRIES: endless creativity,
HAPTIC INDUSTRIES: join the ERIC KIM FORUM community.
HAPTIC INDUSTRIES: creative constraints will help you break out of your photographic doubts and self-restraints,
HAPTIC INDUSTRIES: pave your own path in life and channel your inner-artist, and gather all the creative gains.
HAPTIC INDUSTRIES: we believe in your creative POTENTIAL,
HAPTIC INDUSTRIES: take it to the next LEVEL.
HAPTIC INDUSTRIES: made by CINDY NGUYEN,
ERIC KIM is just the hype man, but we both want you to WIN.
We want you to WIN all the time.
We want you to make photos that you will keep.
We want you to see yourself as an artist with no limits,
So let’s cook up some photos, let’s turn up the HEAT.
- “If your photos aren’t good enough you’re not close enough.” – Robert Capa
- Better compositions: look at the edges of your frame (don’t get tunnel-visioned in the center of the frame).
- For a month, shoot all your photos at .7 msters (1 arm length away)
- To break out of shooter’s block, shoot 1,000 photos in a day.
- Have fun and be creative everyday.
- Ask yourself, “Why do I make photos?”
- Make photos for yourself, never for anyone else.
- Before you upload a photo, ask yourself: “Do I like this photo?”
- There are no “good” or “bad” photos. Only authentic and inauthentic photos to you.
- The best photos to make: photos of your family, loved ones, and yourself (honor thy selfie).
- Be picky about what you decide to photograph, but once you find a scene or subject you like, shoot 36 photos (a whole roll of film) on it.
- When in doubt, over-expose on film. You can always recover highlights on film, never can you recover shadows.
- When you’re starting off, shoot outdoors at f8, ISO 400, and just adjust your shutter speed. Use a smartphone light meter app.
- For monochrome bliss, shoot Kodak Tri-X and “push” to ISO 1600.
- Grain is beautiful.
- Black on black on black, your only wrist strap, for the #RICOHMAFIA
- Wear your camera like a wrist chain, and shoot from the brain.
- Also shoot from the gut, know you make your own luck.
- JUST SHOOT IT.
- Wear your camera on your neck, and make it rain with your photos, ever-flowing checks.
- Feel STRONG, and shoot all day long.
- Be ready before the decisive moment.
- Work the scene (make at least 10 photos of each scene you find interesting)
- Wander and shoot the streets like if it were your first time, and be kind to your subjects, don’t treat them like “photo objects.”
- Make art, don’t just sit and stare.
- Wherever you want to go creatively, we’ll take you there.
- “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- Wear your ideal camera proudly, and shoot loudly.
- YOU ARE A PHOTOGRAPHER.
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.