If you upload your photos online, you’re a photography entrepreneur. Then assuming that we are all in a stream of becoming, then the question is:
How can we become MORE entrepreneurial in our photography and life?
Control the platform. Control yourself. WordPress.org as the ultimate open source platform for your photography blogging. Signup with a domain and host on bluehost.com or 1and1.com. I personally use 1and1.com (I signed up for it about 10+ years ago), but bluehost.com as probably the better solution.
Unplug yourself from the social media matrix.
To become more entrepreneurial means to think differently. How does one think differently? Simple:
Unplug yourself from the sources of inspiration others have.
For example, avoid anything modern. Modern thoughts, modern ideas, modern trends.
3. Become more philosophical
And what does it mean to become more philosophical or think more philosophically? Simple:
Whenever you smell B.S. anywhere … ask yourself — ‘Why?‘
To question common sense, common knowledge and traditional ways of doing things… this is what entrepreneurship is. Shaking up tradition.
4. Take more interesting risks
Entrepreneurship means: risk taking. Take more risks with your photography.
For example, in street photography, take photos when it feels risky. For example when you see someone you want to photograph (either with permission // street portrait style, or perhaps using a flash).
Also, take greater risks when sharing certain photos that you personally like, but photos you’re afraid that others won’t like. For example — let us say you want to experiment with a new post processing style (which is contrary to your traditional style) — I say take the risk and just share it.
5. Blog it
Why do a photography blog? Photography blogging is a form and a method of deriving more sense of your photos. For example, if you’re not sure what direction your photos are going … blog it. As you’re blogging, you will figure out your direction.
And I also recommend yourself to disable comments, disable pageviews (stats) from your blog, in order to stay focused, and not get emotionally disturbed from changes in statistics.
6. The great passion
What is the great passion? That which you do which in doing it… is a reward in itself. For example, the thing that gets you (jumping) out of bed in the morning. The thing you do because you MUST, not because you ‘should’ do it.
Things you do not for money, but for autotelic purposes (you do it for the sake of it).
For example, in my mind … I fancy myself a crypto billionaire. Of course I am not, but … I wonder and think:
If I were worth $10 billion dollars… where money literally has no more worth to me … what would I do with my life?
Then it is simple —
Empower other photographers.
What does that mean? To motivate others. To share ideas which have helped you, and just ‘pay it forward’.
Just write it, blog it, and share your ideas.
How do we evolve? By taking the lessons, ideas, and wisdom from the past, remixing it, and ‘upcyling’ it and sharing it with others.
No past, no future.
Take your photography to the next level:
- SF BAY AREA STREET PHOTO ADVANCED WORKSHOP (November 13, Saturday 2021)
- LEARN FROM MASTERS ONLINE WORKSHOP (December 11, Saturday, 2021)
HAPTIC: Empowering photographers all around the globe:
- FREE: Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart
- FREE: 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition
- MUSE NECK STRAP
- ERIC KIM WALLET
- ERIC KIM NECK STRAP (MARK II)
- HENRI NECK STRAP (MARK IV)
- ERIC KIM WRIST STRAP MARK II
arsbeta.com: the first productive photography feedback community
- Top Photos // Matthew Scott // Photo Critic
- Top Users: Ted Osmond // RAYMOND WAITEKUS
- Top Portfolios: Stephane Pia // Josep Badies
Get more philosophical with WHY APP?
Things interesting to me
- Google AI BLOG
- Polestar electric car company (probably the cleanest designed sedan car of all-time… even more so than Tesla for me) // wondering how Chinese companies are so innovative
- Finishing the Matrix (part 3). Enjoying how the film and cinema that helps spark ideas and philosophical thoughts.
- Excited for the new DUNE film by Denis (Dune 2021)
If this inspired you, feel free to forward to a friend(s) needing motivation.