In Silicon Valley we talk much about the “minimum viable product” (MVP). But how can we cross pollinate this concept to living?
- Warmth (freedom from the cold)
- Deep sleep (anti sleep deprivation)
- Lots of sunshine (a dark home as one of the worst things)
- Freedom from unnecessary noise, especially outside street noise, construction, etc.
- Physical activity, exercise, walks outdoors, and exposure to the outside elements (in praise of more UV exposure, variation in temperatures, fresh air, etc).
- Artistic or creative outlet, and ways to share your art work with others.
- Social engagement, social interactions. In praise of having roommates, living with family, or even having grandmother(s) live with you and your infant child.
- Food, water, and sustenance (for me, lots of coffee).
- Music. As Nietzsche said, “A life without music would be a mistake”.
I believe these to be the bare bones for minimum viable thriving. Certainly to *maximally* thrive is the goal, but these are uncertain and brave new times. Thrivival is the goal, survival and coping as just a road to it.