Ideas to make new street photos with more force, energy, and dynamism.
1. Photograph people as they cross the street
Photograph people as they cross the street, and get very close. The idea is this:
Make a dynamic photo which feels as if your subject will collide with you.
Juxtapose your subject in the scene with another image in the scene. This can create a more dynamic and surreal street photograph.
3. Put your camera very close to the edge of a surface
4. Triangle composition
Find two static subjects in the frame (“anchor subjects”), then wait for a third person to enter to complete the triangle composition:
When there is a street corner with people walking towards you (and towards a different direction), shoot that corner!
6. Leading curved lines
Look for furniture or other things to direct the eyes of your viewer to your subject. Think of the “Golden section” composition technique.
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 7th, 2020: ERIC KIM BLOGGING MASTER CLASS (Online, via Zoom). [Register Intent Here]
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.