Simple ideas to get you shooting:
- Look for layers. Get a subject in the foreground, mid ground and background.
- Use any social situation or happening (like a wedding) as a chance to practice your compositional skills.
- Get close, shoot wide angle (24mm, 28mm) to fill the frame, and to inject more action and dynamism in your photos.
- Look for leading lines to your subjects. Curved leading lines as more dynamic than straight leading lines.
- When shooting wide angle lens, tilt your camera (dutch angle) to make your photos seem even more “off-kilter”.
- Get in front of the action. Busy cross walks, where it seems that your subjects will collide with you. Shooting head-on as best.